Update on my Supra. (Paint pics, my camera sucks)

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Update:

Heres some new pics now that I got it out in the light.
Also, a lot of my other pic links may not work since I reorganized my photobucket last night.

p861555_1.jpg

p861555_2.jpg

p861555_3.jpg

p861555_4.jpg

I'm definitely going with the grey trim. I just need to find some paint and do the rest in that shade.

p861555_5.jpg

Heres a pic of the run. Its pretty bad, but the cars going back in a couple of days to get everything fixed.

p861555_6.jpg

Last edited:

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Looks good.
I have the same color combination that is due for a repaint as well.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
if its the original midnight blue, its a SEXY color.

ive never seen the color in its original glory untill i repainted one of my old 87's in the factory shade. it has so much metal in it, some purple and what not. it looks GREAT in the sunlight.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
lilazni3uoy said:
sweet! are my 89 moldings going to be put to use?

Yeah I want to bring it home Monday and fit them. I don't know if I should rattle can them or have them painted like the car. I'm gonna put on my front set of MKIV rims as well.

If I rattle can them I wanted to do a dark or light grey to separate the two tone colors. If I get it painted then it would be dark blue like the top half of the car.

I'd rather do the trim in grey but I'm not sure if the rattle can paintwill hold up to the elements.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Yellow 13 said:
Yeah I want to bring it home Monday and fit them. I don't know if I should rattle can them or have them painted like the car. I'm gonna put on my front set of MKIV rims as well.

If I rattle can them I wanted to do a dark or light grey to separate the two tone colors. If I get it painted then it would be dark blue like the top half of the car.

I'd rather do the trim in grey but I'm not sure if the rattle can paintwill hold up to the elements.

Its looking great Bill. Youthinking about putting that Scion engine in there eventually? Its definitley a great upgrade for the 7mge :biglaugh: :biglaugh: .
Paint and car looks awesome. I would say to get the molding painted to match the dark blue rather than using the rattle can spray. I think they can add something in the paint to make it elastic so it adheres and performs well on the moldings...

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
suprastanger507mgte said:
Its looking great Bill. Youthinking about putting that Scion engine in there eventually? Its definitley a great upgrade for the 7mge :biglaugh: :biglaugh: .
Paint and car looks awesome. I would say to get the molding painted to match the dark blue rather than using the rattle can spray. I think they can add something in the paint to make it elastic so it adheres and performs well on the moldings...

if the scion comes back from the body shop and still looks like crap I may pull the engine out and make the first FWD Supra. :biglaugh:

I think they had used some additives for the bumper and nose piece when they painted it since its plastic. I'm gonna get on Forza and see how the painted trim looks. I might like it.

Edit:

Choice A:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Choice B:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I think I like A more, even though the pic came out like crap it looked alot better in game.

Last edited:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Yellow 13 said:
if the scion comes back from the body shop and still looks like crap I may pull the engine out and make the first FWD Supra. :biglaugh:

I think they had used some additives for the bumper and nose piece when they painted it since its plastic. I'm gonna get on Forza and see how the painted trim looks. I might like it.

lol.

The painted/color matched body trims looks a lot cleaner and gives the car a more updated/cleaner/newer look.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
suprastanger507mgte said:
lol.

The painted/color matched body trims looks a lot cleaner and gives the car a more updated/cleaner/newer look.

True, but I like the original 80's look. I could just put the original 88 trim back on. :sarcasm:

I'll see if the instructor has any dark gray paint he can spare for the trim. If not Ill get it body matched for the time being.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The second picture looks better than the first. You may think the first one looks better but it doesnt..............:biglaugh:

You gotta love a new paintjob..........:love:

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
After playing around on Forza some more I started to like B. Hopefully there will be enough paint leftover for the trim.

Ill try and bring it home Monday and take some pics of it in the sun.