Up s*** creek with out a paddle!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, the one from the GTE will work fine. Stuff out of the cressida I'm not sure of, it might have a weird shifter extension.

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
I'll second what these guys have said. A typical manual is something someone with a decent idea of what they are doing shouldn't have much issue tearing into and repairing. An automatic, however, is beyond the scope of many guys you could call in the intermediate (Or more) range of knowledge. They can be quite the complex pieces of machinery.

R&Ring the entire unit with another would be a much easier (and if it isn't a dud, cost efficient) way to proceed. And if I were you, I'd seriously consider this an opportunity to swap up to a W58. :)

Good luck man.

Captain_Phil

Apr 13, 2009
Spokane, Wa
I was able to find a transmission in Coeur D Alene, Used for $350 with free delivery!(12month warranty too!) The don't even have a website, that's why i couldn't find them! My uncle knew a mechanic in the area and that guy gave me there number.

I guess ill start installing it Thursday after work. Any one have any helpful hints?

We broke the Passenger side brake light cover trying to get it into the garage :( since it got stuck in some snow while the tow truck tried to back her up into it.

Tow Truck when she broke down: $45
Tow Truck to take her to aamco: $51
Tow Truck to take her to my uncles: $109
Transmission: $350
Total: $555 so far not including any more parts i might have to buy, or tranny fluid.

I bought the car in 2008, and replaced the engine shortly after (Bad BHG of course), and now the tranny. Most expensive car Ive ever owned!

Bzdaname

Auto Dorifto Master
Mar 30, 2005
near Fredericksburg
students.umw.edu
mk3-4-me;1671633 said:
I belive the only differences between turbo and non turbo a340e's are that the turbo one has a few more clutches to hold a little more abuse.

That's what I found out when I was in a position like yours.
But I could be wrong

IIRC you'll also find 2 more check balls in the valve body as well as some different springs in the accumulators.