Unleashing The Beast... (56K Beware!)

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
Heh, cyl 2 in the KA has a partially melted piston. Means I need to find another motor for the 240SX. That being said, seeing as I now have incredibly too much free time on my hands I've decided to start working on the body of the supra. Removed the JB Weld I had used as body filler on the passenger side 1/4 panel, sanded down to bare metal to remove any signs of rust that were becomming noticable. It was apparent that the 1/4 panel had been worked on befor because there were a few millimeters of body filler between the paint and bare metal. Wiped down the sanding dust with a rag and applied some body filler. Have to get some sand paper to start smoothing. Going to do the car in sections seeing as its in my driveway. First up, the Passenger side 1/4 Panel. (duh) I'll see when i get around to taking and posting pictures.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
I've really been slacking on my updates altho there isn't much to update... Had a coworker from body shop at Metro Ford giving me a hand on the body work for the supra. He really wasn't doing much just offering advice. I ended up getting upset with him when he actually started the hands on help because all the bastard was doing was sanding the surface rust and applying bondo onto the places that had rusted through. Told him I didn't want him touching my car anymore, not if he's going to do a shitty job on helping me restore my shell. That being said, I got a quote of $600 from a guy that lives around my house to cut out all the rusted metal and lay down new sheet metal then leave the car in primer ready for paint. Need to buy sideskirts and the back bumper add-on from Shine Auto Project to get things moving...

p1664181_1.jpg

p1664181_2.jpg

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
Ok, should be getting a set of MK3 Spec A Rear Addons for the supra from Shine Auto Project. Got to save for sideskirts then I can send the car out to start getting the body work done once I've pulled the short block, tranny, drive shaft, body moldings, tail lights, euro turn signals and the headliner from the inside of the car along with my seats just to be safe. Going to see if I can't have both the side skirts and rear addon's molded in so you can't tell they've been added on.

Attachments

• d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 15
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
Ok, got my rear add ons yesterday. The group buy for the S2 front wide body fenders ends the 28th so after I've bought in, i should eventualy be getting the new front fenders. All that should be left will be rear fenders, and side skirts befor worrying about prepping for paint. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
Trying to build up some money in the bank account while i wait for the front fender group buy to finish. There are a few things i could be buying right now with the money i have but I need to have the money saved for the front fenders when the time comes. Also going to see if i can't order the rear fenders at the same time and save on shipping... all in all a $700 wide body kit. :)