ultimate targa sub what do you think ????

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
I was thinking the supra needs a little more low end as everyone else thinks also here Iis what i came up with 8" MA audio 500 watt just made it with some stuff I had laying around tell me what you think
Screenshot_2014-11-09-19-15-35.png
updates post 8

Last edited:

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
MarkIII4Me;2028992 said:
Any pics with the panel off?
Sorry i do not i didn't think about it it is just a face plate that i made to mount the speaker then i sealed the inner fender gaps and spaces with expanding foam to seal it all up now where the rear seat belt bolts to just just cut a piece of cardboard to keep the expanding foam from falling down. after it dried I cut the dip in the foam to bolt it back in and removed cardboard now no air leaks there. again I am using the rear fender as the box with this setup but is sealed air tight sounds very good and i cut nothing on the body or i wouldn't of done this. I did have to trim the the glove box plastic out where it curved inward so it wouldn't hit the speaker after that is cut out panel fits perfectly back into place. I am trying to find a fine small hole mesh to put in the hole of the panel so it looks factory fit. When I put mesh in if I remember I will take a pic of the face plate that i mounted the sub in

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Its a very good idea. I would recommend applying some GT mat/ dynamat to the inside of the fender, to reduce vibration/ resonance.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Good call I will add it to the list I was expecting a lot more vibration noise on the exterior but the looks expanding foam helped with more than just sealing the quarter panel no to figure out something to do about the whole no mid bass thing and low vocal part of it got any ideas for that i would like to not have to buy new door panels and speaker pods I was thinking about adding a 5.25 woffer in the kick panel of the door but i do t know what I would do about a box for it in there.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Updates on hidden sub plastic finished and speaker cover in finished product
Screenshot_2014-11-17-07-42-30.png
and yes i still have to do rear hatch carpet

92ma71

Jun 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
I Dynomatted the spare tire well and put a Ten inch Subwoofer right in rear wood, when its shut its sits right in the spare tire. Sounded pretty good. Clean sounding enough for some extra sound. It bounced off the targa or the rear glass and projected forward.

I then upgraded to this. Infinity Bass Link. This has a really clean sound. Fits perfect with the Targa. Powered so No seperate amp needed

image.jpg

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
92ma71;2030082 said:
I Dynomatted the spare tire well and put a Ten inch Subwoofer right in rear wood, when its shut its sits right in the spare tire. Sounded pretty good. Clean sounding enough for some extra sound. It bounced off the targa or the rear glass and projected forward.

I then upgraded to this. Infinity Bass Link. This has a really clean sound. Fits perfect with the Targa. Powered so No seperate amp needed

View attachment 74692
I was thinking about something like that at first but then I started thinking about people stealing it and breaking the glass in my car to get to it and I thought about the spare tire well and I came to the same conclusion as the last part but i also can't carry a full size spare so then I am stranded that's y I went the direction I did looks factory fit if you look though the glass you see nothing but what looks like factory system.

92ma71

Jun 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
KKZ SupraMan;2030107 said:
I was thinking about something like that at first but then I started thinking about people stealing it and breaking the glass in my car to get to it and I thought about the spare tire well and I came to the same conclusion as the last part but i also can't carry a full size spare so then I am stranded that's y I went the direction I did looks factory fit if you look though the glass you see nothing but what looks like factory system.

You make a good point. I just keep my cover unrolled so no one can look in and see it.