uk Engine build 400whp

hazee

Apr 8, 2009
london
Just looking for some opinions on a build that may start soon

this is for a track car that some times drive to the circuit , races are 40 min with a practice of 20 min . need quick spool time -no longer than a stock ct26.

block:
Low mileage late block (30k on it)
Stock rods - is it worth getting the shot peened, are eagle rods better?
pistons - wanted to use a good low expansion piston, - less slap recommendations? but maybe weisco....
bearing - ive heard the clevite bearing arent good anymore and are just rebranded is this true?
arps throughout.

standard reconditioned head.

Turbo :
wanted efr 7064 - should be good for 400whp (500bhp) -- not sure which a/r maybe 0.92 , i think i may struggle for power and may need a efr 7670 0.83 A/R T3 undivided.

however in the uk we have no EFR stock for at least 2 months or more so my fall back is a GT3582r .82 A/R

manifold - i wanted to keep stock for the strenght and use a ct26 to T3 adapter with a Tial F38

ems - unsure a may take the motec m48 of my gt4 st205

injectors - due you think 540 will be big enough ?

hazee

Apr 8, 2009
london
Thanks for the reply , but a generic thread does not answer the questions .... A dodgy Lexus afm with a slow spooling turbo is no good On a race track.

I'm looking for real up to date information - tested

If I'm gonna pay out £5-10k on a setup, I would like to here from people who have seen it done it. Yes I have used the search fuctuon and read 5 year old threads.

But I would like an up to date perspective

hope I don't come across rude

Rich