twin scroll/dual wastegate setup...

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
linder power systems said:
A "twin scroll" or "divided inlet" means that there are two separate volutes within the turbine housing. The main reason for doing this is to isolate the pulses coming from each exhaust port and maintain more of the pulse energy from each cylinder all the way down to the turbine wheel. There are no differences between the turbine wheels used in open or single inlet turbines compared to those used in twin or divided inlet turbines.
Generally speaking, a divided inlet turbine setup will respond faster and produce boost quicker than single or open design of the same nozzle area, of course this is dependent upon proper execution. The simple fact that a divided housing is used does not guarantee these results.

While it does not cause any problems or harm to run a divided inlet turbine housing on a manifold that is an "open" design, none of the benefits of the twin inlet will be seen.

the CT26 on a 7m is different from that on a 3sgte. I think the 3S one has a divided inlet, making it more effecient. someone should try this on a supra motor, to see if it makes ant difference.

now for dual wastegates.

this is fairly simple. two wastegates for both the tubes going to a twin scroll setup(see link).

rotary guys often use this for ginormous turbo setups.

http://www24.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?instanceid=25736592&refid=25736592

hope this is a good contribution...

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Good ideas here for the dual wg setup but unfortunately flawed for the ct26. the turbo that came in the mr2s and i believe the celica all-trac's are divided but unforunately the ct that came on our cars is considered an upgrade for them. A 3sgte ct would be considered a step backward for us.