Turn signal switch not working

moverbaugh

Nov 20, 2009
San Diego, CA
So the dealership tells me that the problem with my turn signals is the switch (which seems right, the hazards work). Anyone know if it's possible to rebuild the switch? They seem pretty expensive to replace.

The switch intermittently works on occasion, but usually just produces a buzzing sound (probably arcing inside).

If anyone has a used one that works, I'd be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Wait, you took your Supra to a Toyota Dealership? I would never do that, unless it is Champion or Elmhurst Toyota. Most of those idiots in there don't know anything. Those two Toyota Dealerships are the only ones I would trust, they actually keep Supra parts in stock.

Check the "Classified Section" to see if you can find it.

moverbaugh

Nov 20, 2009
San Diego, CA
So...are the 1989+ turn switches compatible with an 87? They look a bit different. IIRC, didn't they move the cruise buttons to the right stalk on later models?

If the later switches work, then sure, I'd pay $45. A new one is over $200 from Champion Toyota.

As to the dealership, I needed oil/coolant (previous owner filled the cooling system with pure water) changes, and I don't have the facilities or the time to do it myself.