TurboXS RFL Low-Boost Surging Problem.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I just installed my 57 trim upgraded CT, and I am getting some compressor surge (flutter) when i boost very little (1-5psi) and let off I hear a fluttering...but if I boost to 10psi, the BOV blows off as it should...

The BOV would blow-off perfectly when I was running the stock CT26...even at low boost pressures...I also took apart the BOV, which was a bit dirty, and cleaned it all out, and oiled the piston and cylinder...also there were no adjustment washers in it that I could see. The piston sealing surface also had some very hard buildup on it, almost like a carbon deposit...I scraped some of it off with my fingernail...but couldn't get all of it off...any ideas? Could the problem just be the bigger turbo is flowing more air at a lower psi, and needs a softer-springed BOV?

Thanks guys!

-John

EDIT: The cylinder walls inside the BOV looked a bit scored up as well....its a pretty old BOV.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
I think your suppose to add washers into it just like you would screw the HKS bolt in all the way. That bigger turbo is probably too strong for the light spring so yeah. I know when my friend had his we had to add washer into it to compact that spring more but not for the same reason of yours.

Sorry if I am not using the right "terms"

Last edited: