TurboSmart Single Stage Manual Boost Controller? Anyone??

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
29o67tz.jpg

I've been trying to research this boost controller for days in my spare time, but all I can find is various places selling them, all with the same generic info, and absolutely NO customer written reviews of any kind anywhere.

Does anyone have any experience at all with this product? My plan is to use this to run 'stock' boost (whatever the wastegate gives me) while it's turned off and High Boost (16psi) while it's turned on, dedicating one fuel map from my SAFCII to each setting. (I was told it could save two fuel adjustment maps) Please understand that I would not waste this site's time / bandwidth without searching extensively first. Thanks in advance!

Supporting mods:
ARP head bolts, MLS headgasket, .57 trim CT26, Walbro 255 w/12V mod, Aeromotive FPR, RC 550's, Suprasport AFM, BIC DDP, 3" HKS exhaust, DM 'spearco' IC, 2.5" aluminum hardpipes, HKS SSQV, Prosport Boost/Vac, EGT gauges, Autometer Wideband o2, SAFC II

((TL,DR: Is this nice, or is it garbage??))

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
22 views and no replies at all? Is this thing brand new, or what?
Here's my latest engine bay shot for some motivation. Everyone like pics...

jggqq9.jpg

BUMP for some experienced help/opinions!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I just bought a TS boost controller, the quality of the part seems rather solid, I'll be installing it this weekend. Clutch really isn't in any condition to be taking much more boost, but it should hold for a bit of testing. I bought this particular one though:

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-ts-0106-1001.php

For what it's worth, FlyinMiata sells TS boost controllers, and they do NOT sell anything that is less than awesome quality. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I thought about building my own as well, just have more money than I do time unfortunately (which is evidenced by the giant pile of parts sitting in the corner...), so I just went with the TS in-cabin tee. Would like to mess with their EBC's, but the Hydra Nemesis standalone has boost control built in, so I figured there's no sense in spending $300+ for something that'll be included in the ecu.