turbo whistle maybe?

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
ok so i have a hard pipe from the the first visible plastic piece on the ic pipe (does not go all the way to ic) to the tb. I have a turbo xs knock off bov and i took it off the pipe and bov because the hole for the bov wasnt bored all the way so i did that and put it back on and took it for a test drive and when i boost i have a whistle noise now. it didnt make that noise before i took it off but all i did was just put the ic pipe back in. i didnt have an exhaust leak before i took it off and i dont think it could get a leak while sitting in my garage for 30 mins. help is appreciated thanks.

speedgilligan

UL Mechanical Engineering
Jul 2, 2009
Louisville, KY
i have the same thing that just started happening to me today when i installed full hard-pipes from TB to intercooler...im am running the stock BPV though, and only happens when i hit 8psi on most of the pulls i have done since noticing it...

my opinion is its either the whine of death (AHHHH!!!) or its the wastegate whistling when it opens since i had so many boost leaks before i never made it to 8psi :(

help is appreciated!

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
throw a washer under the bov spring and see if the noise goes away. id bet that the spring is just a lil too soft. give me a call if u got any questions.

speedgilligan

UL Mechanical Engineering
Jul 2, 2009
Louisville, KY
i dont think its a leak, im still spooling to 8psi as fast as normal, plus its stays up there where it didnt before and if i really goose it, itll move up to 10psi

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
yeah i think it was a boost leak i took out the pipe to reach my turbo to check shaft play and put it back in and made sure i tightened everything down. i think i might not have tightened a coupler all the way so it doesnt do it anymore now that i made sure it was tightened.