Turbo Upgrade

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Ok, I've read through different posts about upgrading a ct26 but can't figure out which would be the best for my goals. I've read that if you do certain upgrades on the ct, it won't last very long before you need a rebuild. My goal is to get close to 400rwhp but I don't want to have to rebuild my turbo every year. Is there any upgrade I can go for with the ct that is reliable and can reach my power goals? Thanks for the help.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I am looking at the same basic goal. A replica of the HKS sport turbo(LIPP/ITS) upgrade, the Greddy TD06, or the GT35R can all make the power. The difference is in price, and bolt on easyness.

By replica I am saying SupraSport used to sell one and called it that. I think the LIPP/ITS is better quality than the old HKS though. I have read of some failures of the HKS. Which can be owner problems too though.

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Fuzz420 said:

I would get in on that, but I'm not ready to upgrade yet, just researching so I know what to get. I'll be upgrading my turbo and fuel system sometime in june. But do you think the 56mm with to4e wheel would work for what I want to do?

BTW just to clarify the main reason I want to stay with the ct is so it will bolt right up because I just got a cooleeze megamouth dp and I don't want to get rid of it, plus I really don't want to have to get another exhaust mani if I don't have to

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
bstevenson said:
I would get in on that, but I'm not ready to upgrade yet, just researching so I know what to get. I'll be upgrading my turbo and fuel system sometime in june. But do you think the 56mm with to4e wheel would work for what I want to do?

BTW just to clarify the main reason I want to stay with the ct is so it will bolt right up because I just got a cooleeze megamouth dp and I don't want to get rid of it, plus I really don't want to have to get another exhaust mani if I don't have to

from my understanding the .57,.58.60 and smaller trims are the most reliable. The 60-1 and 62-1 upgrades are the hit and miss deals, big wheel and little shaft is not a good combo. But also for a few hundred more u can have a boss unit, sp unit, or turbo concepts unit. Me personally if i had 600 i would jump into group buy but it will be long and gone by time im ready.Ive read goodthings about the mdc rebuilds, and ive seen dynos of .57 trims goin over 400hp

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Fuzz420 said:
from my understanding the .57,.58.60 and smaller trims are the most reliable. The 60-1 and 62-1 upgrades are the hit and miss deals, big wheel and little shaft is not a good combo. But also for a few hundred more u can have a boss unit, sp unit, or turbo concepts unit. Me personally if i had 600 i would jump into group buy but it will be long and gone by time im ready.Ive read goodthings about the mdc rebuilds, and ive seen dynos of .57 trims goin over 400hp

If I had the cash I'd go ahead and do it, but I'm broke right now, been spending tons of money on the supra and the bank account went WAY down so until I get some more money. . .project supra is on hold