Turbo Upgrade Possibilities

supraman06

Clean BPU Supra
Dec 27, 2005
TX
s73.photobucket.com
Well I sent my turbo off to a rebuild shop in Canada that I've heard was pretty reputable. The problem is that the turbo is really messed up. I need a new shaft which would be about 200 on top of the rebuild of the turbo which would bring the cost to around $450 not including $50 shipping for a stock rebuild. For that kind of money I could buy a turbo locally that is either rebuilt stock or upraded.

My question is:

If you had to spend around $450 on a CT-26, what would you do if you don't have yours to work with?

Thanks!

-Nick-

supraman06

Clean BPU Supra
Dec 27, 2005
TX
s73.photobucket.com
I'm in Arlington TX. It's right in between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

See I'd like to go with the 57 Trim but I'll be on stock air and fuel plus a stock block.

Should I just pay the money and have practically a new CT-26?

Thanks! :)

-Nick-

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
supraman06 said:
I'm in Arlington TX. It's right in between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

See I'd like to go with the 57 Trim but I'll be on stock air and fuel plus a stock block.

Should I just pay the money and have practically a new CT-26?

Thanks! :)

-Nick-

57 trim should be ok as long as you keep the boost down.. how much boost are you (or going to)running now? Go get ya a Lex AFM (+ 550cc, walbro fuel pump)upgrade!

supraman06

Clean BPU Supra
Dec 27, 2005
TX
s73.photobucket.com
Well I plan on running from 10 to 12 PSI regularly.

But I was thinking about it... The last time I dyno'd, my AFs were going crazy pig rich at full throttle. Could I back the AFM screw out and run like 13-14 PSI and still be okay on stock air and fuel? I dont want to lean out the motor though... Lol.

If I could do the fuel upgrade I would.. :( lol

Thanks!

-Nick-

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
supraman06 said:
Well I plan on running from 10 to 12 PSI regularly.

But I was thinking about it... The last time I dyno'd, my AFs were going crazy pig rich at full throttle. Could I back the AFM screw out and run like 13-14 PSI and still be okay on stock air and fuel? I dont want to lean out the motor though... Lol.

If I could do the fuel upgrade I would.. :( lol

Thanks!

-Nick-

I think you'll hit stock fuel cut at 12.5psi or something like that.. I used to run insanely rich under boost.. but i had a boost leak.. fixed leak.. fixed rich conditions.

But you should be at least able to run 10psi safely. I think. hah

I run 10psi, gonna try to knock it up to 12 today. But i have the Lex AFM upgrade.