Turbo Upgrade Parts

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Im curious if anyone knows where to find garret upgrade parts for the CT26? I have a 57 trim turbo right now that is bunked and I figure since Im only going to run it this year so Ill go 60 trim.

There are lots of turbo shops locally for diesel truck performance that rebuild/upgrade turbo's so Im going to have it done here to save on some shipping. Im located in Canada and shipping heavy things to the states is bloody retarded.

Now as for a 60 trim is it only a larger compressor wheel with a shaft size of 6.50mm? Any other info I should be aware of like part numbers for the garret wheel and where to get them and so on? Thanks guys!

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Theres no fellow SM bro's who know about upgrading the ct26 intake wheel? Or even whats all involved in upgrading the wheels for a 57/60 trim wheel..?

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
contact any garret distributor

im not 100% sure, but i think its the to4e compressor wheel

then you have to bore/machine the compressor housing to match the wheel

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Chris, you're barking up a tree that most people won't tell you any thing about. Its because the info you're looking for is closely guarded as to what makes a turbocharger rebuilder successful.

You'll need to get the clearance as tight as possible, lets put it that way. The closer it is, the more efficiency you have.

Also, for the wheel. It will use a pilot hole just a bit smaller than 0.250"

The hole will need to be reamed to fit the ct26 turbine nose.

And, take note: ALL GARRETT wheels need to be machined on their backs and balanced to be made to work in a ct26 housing.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Ive come to realize that no one really wants to tell me much about it.

As for machining the garret wheel down, is it because it isnt "short" enough?

Great info btw