Turbo swap done.

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
So I finally swapped out the na motor and put the turbo one in last night. Cranked the motor with no EFI fuse several times and then put the fuse back in and it stared right up. Had a gas leak so found that and had to change out the first injector. Put that all back then started it up and found a oil leak by the oil filter housing I think it may be the O-ring I never put a new one on it, going to work on it today and check it out.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
^This, by far is the most common with the stock lines.

Other possibilities could be the oil cooler bypass bolt washer (copper also), oil filter housing O-ring (as you suspect), and the oil cooler return hose/pipe/banjo fitting (also uses copper washers)

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
jessemkiiis;1752329 said:
could be the turbo oil feed line. its real close to the oil filter and has two crush washers on the banjo bolt.

I got a new gasket from Toyota that goes to the bottom of the turbo for the oil. The banjo bolt is working great and I used a stupid make it your self paper gasket for the drain to block from turbo.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

toyotanos;1752331 said:
^This, by far is the most common with the stock lines.

Other possibilities could be the oil cooler bypass bolt washer (copper also), oil filter housing O-ring (as you suspect), and the oil cooler return hose/pipe/banjo fitting (also uses copper washers)

could it be the oil cooler return thought that only opened up around 40 psi? the lines for the oil cooler are all new and on there snug.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
it could be the cooler if its banjo bolt isn't tight or the washer isn't sealing. I would double/triple check the oil feed fitting on the block. The inner washer that goes in between the block and the feed line is the #1 most common to fall out when installing the turbo. Plus its really hard to tell unless you're looking right at it when the engine is started.