Turbo seals?

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
I'v been loosing oil lately and started to track down the source.
Picked of the plastic pice over the afm and turbo and found a good pit of oil.
So i went on in the search and took out the ruber hose that goes inn on the IC. It wast mutch but there was a dry layer of oil in there to and there's oil in the ic pipe too.
So i jumped to the conclusion that mabye my turbo's leaking?

I cant see another reason for oil entering the ic piping.

Am i on to something?

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Oil in the IC pipes can be either turbo seals or PCV. If you haven't touched your PCV system that is probably what's making the oil. As SupraBlues said, when the turbo seals let go the car will smoke like crazy, especially during deceleration and idle when vacuum in the manifold is greatest.

For mystery oil loss, if it's not dripping on the ground it's either only dripping while you're driving or it's burning it. Some other possibilities of drip are front and rear main seal, CPS o-ring (leaks directly onto the exhaust and gets burned off), valve cover seals, cam seals or oil pump driveshaft seal.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Bishop92t said:
Oil in the IC pipes can be either turbo seals or PCV. If you haven't touched your PCV system that is probably what's making the oil. As SupraBlues said, when the turbo seals let go the car will smoke like crazy, especially during deceleration and idle when vacuum in the manifold is greatest.

For mystery oil loss, if it's not dripping on the ground it's either only dripping while you're driving or it's burning it. Some other possibilities of drip are front and rear main seal, CPS o-ring (leaks directly onto the exhaust and gets burned off), valve cover seals, cam seals or oil pump driveshaft seal.

My next suggestion would have been the PVC system. My IC pipes have a faint residue of oil on them only after 225 miles. But my turbo seals were blown so that could have contributed to it. I still plan on getting an oil catch can though.

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
Picked off the PVC pipe and the only place there was oil in it was from the valvecover and up to the TB. It was totaly clean where it meets the accordian hose So i dont think it the PVC it was allsow not clogged i anyway. So i cleaned the plastic pipe put it back and started the motor, lett it idle and reved it abit. Shuted it down and tok of the plastic pipe and wola more oil and quite abit. And no oil in the PVC system.