Turbo pressure sensor (sender?)

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
Hi all!

i want to hook up my std. boost gauge to the 7mgte. I have, of course, a gte-engine wiring harness, but the el-system on the car itself is N/A. Wher do the org. boost gauge get its readings from? Where do i connect the org. boost gauge to get boost readings?

I know it is no wiring on tha N/A system, but i would like to pull a new wire directly from the boost gauge (the white box) and to a boost gauge sender..? Anyone know where this sensor/sender is?

thanks..

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
It's a little map-sensor looking box with a yellow label on it on the right side of the engine bay..

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
Ah, ok, thanks!

But one question; is it a part of the engine harness, or it is something that is attached to the engine it self? Because i have a GTE i a million pieces, and a wiring harness.. So, is it attached to the engine harness or what? Because if not, i need to get one, because i am doing a N/A --> turbo swap, so i guees i do not have the sensor if it's not a part of the engine harness :S

If i get my hands on a sensor, where do i mount it? Does the wires from the sensor go directly to the boost gauge (the white box)?

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
SupraMKIII-NO;1599950 said:
Ah, ok, thanks!

But one question; is it a part of the engine harness, or it is something that is attached to the engine it self? Because i have a GTE i a million pieces, and a wiring harness.. So, is it attached to the engine harness or what? Because if not, i need to get one, because i am doing a N/A --> turbo swap, so i guees i do not have the sensor if it's not a part of the engine harness :S

If i get my hands on a sensor, where do i mount it? Does the wires from the sensor go directly to the boost gauge (the white box)?

Honestly I'd just grab an aftermarket boost gauge as the stock one is pretty useless..

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
I know i know :p

I have an aftermarket also (aem tru boost) but i have ordered some "fancy lights" for my dash, and that includes a std. turbo gauge.. So instead of that beeing dead, i want to hook it up and get it to work..

Soo, any idèa of where the sensor is connected?

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
I have one, I also have the white box for the back of the cluster if you need it. If you have an aftermarket gauge, why not do what I did, and get the stock N/A volt gauge? It's semi-useful and it doesn't look as bad as a dead boost gauge.

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
Hehe, because i have allready ordered the "fancy dash light" / std. cluster light, and that came with the std. boost gauge..

But anyways, how much do you want for the boost sender? I allready have the white box =)
Please PM mw with the price and so on..

Daniel..

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Just so you know the boost sensor wiring is part of the body harness it comes out of the hole in the fender near the power booster. I dont think the na has the wire though if it does its taped to the harness inside of the fender.

Now for the dash harness that part of the boost sensor wire is part of even the na harness, just look behind the cluster you will see a little semi clear tan connector with a orange, white and brown wire, this will plug directly into the white box on the back of the cluster. From there you will have to run some new wires from the other end of that connector in the dash into the engine bay.

The sensor will mount near the injector resistor next to the strut tower. You will have to see which wires go to what on the boost sensor as I dont know. I hooked mine up and it dosent work, I dont know if its because i have it wired wrong to the sensor or if the sensor is bad or the guage or what have to do some testing, but first need a bov because mine is completely shot.

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
Hmm, ok..

I hate this shit xD Sooo, the gauge it self is screwd into the cluster.. And behind the cluster, is the white box. This white box has a female 3-pin connector, and 3 separate wiries. If i understand correctly, you tell me to hook up the white box's female connector to the N/A electrical harness behind the cluster? And then hook up the 3 separate wires to the boost gauge sender in the engine bay (the one mounted on the strut tower beside the egnitor?)

But where is the boost gauge sender it the engine bay connected?

can someone please make me an esasy drwaing of this?? I think it is complicated to understand wich parts different people are speaking of..