turbo poopin..need ideas on where to go from here..

-AR-

Sep 16, 2012
FL
ei2pty.jpg

it still does what it suppose to but it occasionally smokes on idle now..has some shaft play in every direction.

really trying to stay local with my options unless its a brand new turbo. budget $550..

-AR-

Sep 16, 2012
FL
The id badges are polished off so I have no clue to what it is. I want 400who but nor sure if this turbo will give me that since I don't know what it is..

-AR-

Sep 16, 2012
FL
i found a local with a PT6076e .82 turbine 4 bolt , 59 trim ...i would have to find and adapter from 4 bolt to 3'' vband... thoughts?

took this from PTs website..

This Entry Level unit features the following:
• 59mm inducer compressor wheel
• "E" compressor cover 3.0" inlet/2.0" outlet
• P trim turbine wheel
• Turbine housing options:
- T3 .63 or .82 A/R with 4 bolt discharge

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
IS your manifold t3 or t4?

You should try pm'ing albert first as he rebuilds turbos and is a vendor on this forum.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
How the heck could that happen... oil-sludge on the intake itself.....are you running your crank breather hose (on the valve cover behind there) into the suction side of the turbo?

If yes, your bottom end must be quite worn....
If no.... running without Bov? Oil must have been thrown out of the compressor during the stall, and sucking it back in again...

-AR-

Sep 16, 2012
FL
hvyman;1882111 said:
IS your manifold t3 or t4?

You should try pm'ing albert first as he rebuilds turbos and is a vendor on this forum.

manifold is t3. trying to stay local on the rebuild, if i go that route. cant find alberts site.

Radial;1882364 said:
How the heck could that happen... oil-sludge on the intake itself.....are you running your crank breather hose (on the valve cover behind there) into the suction side of the turbo?

If yes, your bottom end must be quite worn....
If no.... running without Bov? Oil must have been thrown out of the compressor during the stall, and sucking it back in again...

breather is not connected at the moment. bov works.