Turbo help---general things

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Im looking to put a ct-26 on a custom application and am trying to find a custom flange so i can weld to header. What is the flange type?(t3/t4...etc)

Also, what oil lines can i use on the ct26? Ive seen universal oil lines for turbos on ebay before......

Then theres the issue of wastegates.......

Any help would be awesome, this is my first venture into boosting a non mk3 so if i can get help/tips on putting a ct26 on a non 7mgte it would be much appreciated:love:

It is a 2.8L v6 hence why im looking at the ct26......plus i just i really like them

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
The ct flange is well, the ct flange.

Its not a garrett, mitsu, or any thing else.

It was designed by Hitachi for Toyota.

The internal waste gate will work just fine.

Oil lines can be made by getting a ct26 combo flange from Jtamulis, Aaron @ Driftmotion or the guys @ Supra Sport.

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
MDCmotorsports;943135 said:
The ct flange is well, the ct flange.

Its not a garrett, mitsu, or any thing else.

It was designed by Hitachi for Toyota.

The internal waste gate will work just fine.

Oil lines can be made by getting a ct26 combo flange from Jtamulis, Aaron @ Driftmotion or the guys @ Supra Sport.

okay, so where i can get the flange to mount the hot side to my header? i was thinking about buying a 7mgte header but i cant find one with stock style flange for me to cut off.

Ill contact one of those vendors you listed, not sure who to goto first lol. Thanks, Shelby

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
New question, how much oil psi is limit in the ct turbo? Im trying to figure out where i can hoook a line up that low pis enough for the turbo.

Also, where and how to hook water lines up?

Thanks Sm, it wont be too long b4 im back in a mk3 i hope:naughty:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Toyota h8r;943328 said:
New question, how much oil psi is limit in the ct turbo? Im trying to figure out where i can hoook a line up that low pis enough for the turbo.

Also, where and how to hook water lines up?

Thanks Sm, it wont be too long b4 im back in a mk3 i hope:naughty:

BALLPARK:

Min 10psi @ 1,000 rpms.

Max 60psi @ 7,000rpms.

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Justin727;943421 said:
is it the car in you avatar pic?

If so drop in a 350 and turbo charge that....

Now that would be bas A$$ compared to that 2.8

Car in avatar is a 85 T/a with a carb'd 305, i plan on doin a TT setup on a 350 one day.....just not now lol. Its going to take a lot for that swap. Need to put a fuel injection setup on it, im not gonna do the blow though carb setup.

Im going single turbo on a v6 because its a proven thing.....ever hear of the buick gnx or the turbo trans am(3rd gen was better than the 2nd gen)

Plus a ct26 runs on a 3.0L already......ive gota 2.8L that i want to see how much it can take. I want to build something almost no would ever think about doing.

MDC, so if i run like 30psi warmed up at idle and 60psi at 5000rpm im okay? idk...

Thanks for all the help so far guys......now i need to hunt down some turbos and adapters lol.......and learn about AN fittings:biglaugh:

Last edited: