tuning with the VF

derK

Mar 31, 2005
CANADA
alright so i already received excellent advice as to how to tune my car, but one thing that i'm not certain with is tuning with the Vf signal.

I know it'll range from 0-5v, and that 0 volts means it is running rich and 5 volts means that it is running lean....at idle and when my car is at full operating temp the voltage runs across the board...sometimes it'll stay at 2.5v then it'll bounce to 5v then bounce to 1v. My fuel pressure is at 30 PSI with the line ON and all my values on my s-afc low setting are at 0. Does this mean that i'm still not satisfying the ECU hence the constant fluctuations?? however......

My air/fuel ratio mixture is a consistent 14.7-15 at idle and at low throttle driving (69%) and at high throttle i'm getting 10.5-11.8 all across and my biggest change in my high throttle setting is at -4%

this leads me to believe that my car right now is tuned pretty good considering my biggest change is at -4%. I would still like to satisfy the ECU to its fullest so please, if you have any advice on how to read the Vf signal more precise please share...