Tuning Questions

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I am really clueless on what I should use to tune my car next spring. I'm ordering everything ahead of time so that it can all be installed by my mechanic next month. With the mods listed below, I would like to tune the car to 15-18psi and be able to set it and forget it. The car will be driven about 5k per year, only on Wisconsin good weather days. What should I get, all inclusive, and why? SAFC, MAFT, EManage, etc??? I do have access to a dyno, so whatever I get, the car will be tuned correctly. Thanks for the help!

Mods:
Rebuilt 7MGTE with MHG and ARP
Lipp Boss Jr 60-1 BB turbo
RC 550s
SS Lex AFM
Upgraded Fuel Pump
AFPR
eBay DDP-R
3" HKS exhaust
Apexi Intake
B&M Oil Cooler
ACT HD 6 Puck
Greddy Profec B2
Spearco Replica

Thanks.

Ben

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Most proven methods are SAFC and MAFT Pro, the AFC is cheaper and easier to master but the MAFT has more adjustability and more options (speed density, timing/boost control etc.).

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I've heard a lot of good things about the AEM FIC, it's comparable to the emanage or the MAFT. I'd consider using it as a piggyback on a mild setup.

One of the local tuners was really impressed with the ease of use. +/-100% adjustment of fuel, without fear of disturbing your timing map due to individual injector drivers. Also the ability to retard timing by percentage (but not advance). Drawbacks being, you don't know exactly where your timing is currently at. Onboard MAP sensor also sounds like a nice feature.