Tuners Near IA

Emik87t

GameOver
May 30, 2007
Iowa
I have a cousin who's looking to buy an untuned supra and was wondering if there's a place, or reputable person, closer than Sound Performance? If anybody on here is that person, or that shop, what would a quote look like for a 91 supra tune?

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
what side of IA? there are a few tuners in Omaha, NE just across the river. One is C & S Motorsports in Omaha. Another is in Lincoln, NE called Dynosport Racing. In Kansas City there are a few places, one of which has an all wheel drive dyno, which dont really matter to us, but they drop the coin on that they might have an idea of what they are doing.

The C & S Motorsports one in Omaha seems decent heard good things from a few people and the guy that runs it seems cool. Im taking my car there sometime soon.

Emik87t

GameOver
May 30, 2007
Iowa
Hey thanks for the info Stardom, much appreciated and I'm in Des Moines so Omaha is a lot closer than Sound Performance. I can get there and back before I even get to SP. Thanks again, great info!

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Well ill be going to that C & S Motorsports in Omaha soon. My supra is officially offline for the winter. I started to remove the stock twins and replacing it with DM's single kit, stinger and fuel. im also working on rebuilding a 2jz to ultimately stick in it. So ill give a review of C & S when i go there around december or january.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
SupraStardom;1428186 said:
My name is John and I haven't looked at any supras since I moved out here. If your referring to me.

Nah I was tryin to see if mikes cousins name is derrick he just bought a 1jz supra.

Are you in iowa john? If your ever passing through des moines you should hit me up I could give you my phone number and introduce you to all the supra owners in des moines.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Iam in Iowa. Im in council bluffs. I just put Omaha on the forum because no one knows where council bluffs is. I dont get out east to des moines much. Its only like a 2 hour drive, but i dont have much reason to go there. Unless there is a 1/4 mile track there. KC has one and its about the same drive. But yea ill hit you up if i ever find myself rolling out that way

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Nah theres 2 1/8 mile tracks in des moines and the quarter we got to is in cedar falls. We actually just picks up a MK III from omaha 2 weeks ago lol. Its maroon with a red fender and a red bumper.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
nice lol. yea we got a 1/8 mile just outside town. i gotta drive down to KC for a 1/4mile. thats about 2.5 hour drive to the track. I got an aunt that manages a hotel down there so i can get hook ups on some rooms. i plan on staying overnite for those trips. Im out for the winter now officially. i pulled my turbos off my 1jz and rebuilding my 2jz block, so next track season ill be single turbo 1.5jz. should be fun.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
I'm down for a kansas track day, well when my cars done! Its out for the winter this year also...