tuner..

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
I never calibrate the Tps before.. does anyone have any info on how should be done? I know u need a feeler gauage to do it with but never done it..

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
this is my third mk3, but never had any problems with my other two besides this one.. never really had to enjoyed this one as much because problems after problems..

87suprat

Sep 11, 2012
salem
Check it out.. I just bought an aem ems, I am running the safc now with plx wideband, Just not consistant, save the money and do it rite, I have had nothing but prob. with mine always having to tweek it, running rich, and idleing issues. You should bypass the safc like its back to stock see if the car runs then.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
he doesnt have an safc he has an afc neo
when the settings are 0 across the baord its as if its not there becuase it is making 0 correction

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
The Guy I bought it from ghetto rig all the wires with electric tape.. that's the reason why I am having so much problems with it..

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
On top of that someone broke into it and stole my last safc and having people who thinks they can tune supra mess around with it..

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Shane at DB performance is the only tuner I will use here. That said, I am unsure if he will tune a piggyback, they're risky business. I always suggest standalone (AEM/Stinger/ProEFI/etc) when you're going above 400hp. Crap in = crap out :(

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Used in the classifieds is the best place for them. You'll have to do research on the different EMS units to find which is the best for your situation.

I like AEM because its common, Shane likes it, and they made plug and play versions for our cars.