Trough the firewall

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
Ok i got alot of wires that' going into the engine bay and wondered how
you others have done it? I have allsow just seen the hole on the turbo side where the engine harness goes in to the ecu. Are there any other ways trough the firewall that i could use for my wiring.

Are there any way in on the driverside?
Becasue i have som gauges that's allsow needs a hole.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I drilled between/below the brake booster and clutch master cyl. Works well for me, hardly noticeable too.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i drilled down by the curved part of the firewall below the brake booster. It will come out by the steering column but high enough up not to be seen inside. It allows easy access from the engine bay and somewhat from inside.
I have two holes in this area for wires. Other way is to cut a circle hole in the large grommet of the engine harness to thread wires thru there. MY o2 wiring is there.

BE SURE to install a grommet into the hole you drill to keep the wire from getting rubbed by sheet metal. you can get grommets from the auto parts store or radio shack.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
There is a wiring harness that runs from the driver's foot well through the fender and out near the fuse block in the engine bay. You will need to remove the plastic inner fender and the kick panel from the drivers side, but it is the cleanest way to route wires. My 1 gauge from the battery relocation follows this path.

Bob

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
if you look right behind the intake manifold...if you want to go this far you can run the entire harness that way...just beware it requires a LOT of modification AND EVEN MORE work.

p273386_1.jpg

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
^^^^ awesome engine, and yea I have a 90 auto it has a small rubber hole in the driver side near the brake booster, I used it to run my venom 400, and my gauges still some room for additional hose or wires to be ran. already drilled just gotta punch out the rubber plug. :)

I

itr206

I just go thru the hole where the harness feeds for everything.
I tape the wires up to a vac line and pull them thru that way. makes life 10x easier