Trottle Body ?

Plau000

Feb 11, 2006
Tucson
I have a guy selling me a 90mm trottle body 4 a great price. Is it even worth putting it in my 87' NA? And will it fit with not to much work?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I seriously doubt you'd see much, if any, improvement. There are a number of other things you'd have to rework, port and polish, or flat out replace with something different.

These include:
Port & polish "Y" pipe (or possibly replace with a larger custom Y pipe and rework the intake surge tank to accept it)
P&p the upper and lower intake runners
Dump the stock AFM and go with either a 3.5" GM MAF or go MAP
Replace all the intake piping up to the TB with 90mm pipe

There's one member on here who's running dual mustang TB's on his N/A... can't remember who though. Look for it in a recent thread about intakes in the N/A section... he may be able to off up some more advise.

Oh, and YES, it's going to take a fair amount of work. Depending on what it's from adapting the TPS may not be a huge issue, just a matter of whether the mounts can be made to work.

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
CRE said:
There's one member on here who's running dual mustang TB's on his N/A... can't remember who though. Look for it in a recent thread about intakes in the N/A section... he may be able to off up some more advise.
That'd be me, with the stock Y-piece a 90mm throttle body wouldn't work without some kind of reducer behind it to take it down to the size of the inlet.

I didn't fit the mustang one the previous owner did and aparts from the custom throttle mechanism the stock t-piece was cut back to where it matched to two 57mm inlets on the mustang cobra one:biglaugh: .

It does alot for throttle response, I haven't had the car tuned properly yet to judge outright power as the current tune is very safe with alot of timing taken out and fuel added.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Would you mind PMing me with more info and perhaps some more pics? I'm very interested in how the whole thing is put together.

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
CRE said:
Would you mind PMing me with more info and perhaps some more pics? I'm very interested in how the whole thing is put together.
I'll post pics here, casn't give much info because I bought the car with it already on.

http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/loats/technical/7mge/throttlebody.html

theres a link to Ed's site the orginal owner and builder of the engine with some pics, if you want some more pics of the throttle mechanism I can take some this weekend.