Trippled My Horsepower Since The last Dyno

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Today was a good day. Finally Dyno'd my setup today at the Louisville meet.My best dyno when i was an aspiring n/a guy was 148whp 163tq.

423whp 401tq.:thumbup::runaway::biglaugh::naughty::biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo

Boost was all all over the place 15-10-17psi, in that exact order. Im still trying to figure out the maftpro's boost controller as you can see. The car pulled a solid 400whp @ 15psi. :D

Mods that matter:
Rebuilt GTE
Probes,prepped rods, arps, hks 2mm hg,arps,stock head
JT56 Turbo
RC 550's, Walboro,Aeromotive FPR
Maft pro-speed denisty,boost control
Inovative lm-1 + xd-16 gauge
W-58 spec 3+, fidanza,jaws gear 1piece al.

Needless to say I set a goal and accomplished it, i still cant believe my car makes this much power. :D

Last edited:

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Congrats on the increase!!! Need to get that boost controller figured out though ;) . Once you get that fixed I'm sure she'll pull really well!!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Good to see someone making some power on the Probes. What kinda of final numbers are you shooting for when you get your boost issues sorted out?

Fuzz420

gurley0916;1446407 said:
Congrats on the increase!!! Need to get that boost controller figured out though ;) . Once you get that fixed I'm sure she'll pull really well!!

Thanks man, im reading up now on the boost controller
Spanish Surprise;1446412 said:
Congrats! I can't wait till I make that kind of power!

Fernando

Thanks, Stay diligent, the power will come :)
Sawbladz;1446413 said:
Good to see someone making some power on the Probes. What kinda of final numbers are you shooting for when you get your boost issues sorted out?

Yea im trying, the probes are great, if they can handle my bad tune there good in my book. I dont really have a specific goal in power,per-say. I just want a nice broad powerband with a flat torque curve. I dont see why 440's would be out the question once the afr's are leaned way out and when boost is able stay stable.Ive set my goal and accomplished it, anything after is a bonus :D

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Fuzz420;1446428 said:
I dont see why 440's would be out the question once the afr's are leaned way out and when boost is able stay stable.

Be careful with the 440's, they can handle that much boost but your putting a big load on them. I wouldnt run them forever, the last thing you want is a stuck injector. Im running them on my 57trim and I can only get them to stay in the high 11's a/f around 12-13lbs with my MAP-ECU. Over that and I go way lean.

Fuzz420

gurley0916;1446432 said:
Be careful with the 440's, they can handle that much boost but your putting a big load on them. I wouldnt run them forever, the last thing you want is a stuck injector. Im running them on my 57trim and I can only get them to stay in the high 11's a/f around 12-13lbs with my MAP-ECU. Over that and I go way lean.

no no ive confused you i mean 440's as in horsepower. I have 550's, as a matter fact i didnt list any fuel mods in my initial post:nono:

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Fuzz420;1446449 said:
no no ive confused you i mean 440's as in horsepower. I have 550's, as a matter fact i didnt list any fuel mods in my initial post:nono:

Oh my bad :biglaugh: , well thats good then. Whats the max psi you plan on running off that turbo?

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Sawbladz;1446771 said:
You were probably granny shifting and not double clutching like you should. ;)

or dont have a very aggressive clutch setup.

Ive heard of ppl making 400+ threw a w58 using an aftermarket pp and stock clutch disk but once they get a 6puck or 4 puck unsprung disk, the harsh abrupt engagement gives the tranny too much of a driveline shock and thats when the w58 starts grenading.

I have a w58 as well and curious to just see how urs is gonna hold up. So i can know how much power not to make on mines lol

Fuzz420

Yea i was granny shifting. Its not my fault,i have too much fuel between shift and it bogs.After the dyno its doing better but still bogs a little on speed shift.

Queenskids-Ive been on this setup for the last year, my w-58 is taking 400whp nicely.I have the spec stage 3+, which is a non puck disk, but this thing is very harsh and chatters like mad. At the track i did not dump the clutch. I slipped the clutch hard and tryed to roll in slightly