Tremec T-56 magnum in a 95' Supra

captdale

Aug 29, 2008
hawaii
Well guys been awhile but I'm back from the bushes. Finished the roll cage, bildstein shocks/coils mod, LSD, 6 pt harness. Now I'm thinking of the T-56 again. Its still sitting in the garage in the shipping crate along with the bell housing from Ross, the Hyd throw out bearing and the pilot bearing. The problem is this is my DD as I sold my truck and am left with only the supra. Still need to get back and forth to work if and when the tranny swap comes about so have been putting it off. It calls to me so ......... Anyway, I think I got one of the only bells that Ross made. He sold that business so don't know how any others worked out. Has anyone on the forum done the T-56 to 2JZ in a Supra yet ?? Take care cd

captdale

Aug 29, 2008
hawaii
I don't know but if you check out the topic started by 2JZ_MA70 couple yrs ago I believe. Most all the info is there. Do a search on Tremec TR-6060 in the topic list. The only problem of any concern to me is trying to find a 9 1/2" disc with a 26 spline that will take the HP. I want to use my existing RPS performance pressure plate. Otherwise you can use a multi disc setup and drill the flywheel and that will work just fine. I just don't want to do that. I've got everything else solved except that. cd

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the reason i asked is casue the tremec t56 and the stock t56 have different dimensions. the retro fit t56 for 3rd gen fbodys has a different rear casing with shifter moved forward to fit where the original t5 went, where in the fbodys anyway, the stock t56 from a 4th gen requires you to cut into the floor as the shifter is farther back. the input shaft is also different, as it uses the original t5 bellhousing and clutch setup with adapter plate.and is slightly longer iirc.

hence thats why i was asking which one speciffically you were going to be using. the tr-6060 is not a t56, it is its own class.