Travelocity + Outsourcing = Teh Sux!

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
Well, all I can say is I'm totally amazed at the headache that booking with Travelocity caused me.

I booked a room for my lady and myself on the sea wall in Galveston. I had the room booked about a month on Travelocity, and called the hotel to confirm the reservation several days beforehand. No red flags yet at all. Upon handing my ID and credit card over the reservations desk, I am informed (rudely) by the desk clerk that they do not rent rooms to people under 21 (I'm 18).

The Bangladesh customer service team at Travelocity can barely understand or speak English. First I was informed that the room would be canceled and my card would be refunded. In a later call I was informed that the reservation was still active. Tomorrow I am going to contact the corporate office and raise hell. If that fails I am planning to dispute the charge on my Visa.

Am I wrong in thinking that Travelocity (or the hotel) should have informed me of this before I dropped $230 on a room and/or drove 2 hours to get there?:icon_evil Any suggestions?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
I hate to say it, but raise hell. Seriously. They should make it manditory reading when buying online hotels.

I went through this all the time before I was 21. I had tons of races (think IRL, Nascar and USAC) to go to, and trying to get a hotel room and rental car at 19 years old.

That was fun.

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
it should have had you enter information about your birthdate on travelocity's site when you were booking it. but hey, at least it was only 2 hours, and not across country with a plane flight.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
LOL, thats fukin great.
you cant rent a room if ur not 21, but you can rent one with your CC over the net.
what a load of horse shit.
I say give them hell.
Edit: Makem pay for the gas too