Transmission shops in BC

Sith

Jun 9, 2007
BC
Hey guys,

I posted this over on other forums, but figured I'd do so here as well.

I have an auto transmission and it has some problems with the solenoids and does slip on occasion if I speed up too slowly. It doesn't seem too easy to get a hold of a used one that is certain to work well, so I figured I'd go towards the rebuilding direction so it can take more HP. From what I understand the stock transmission is limited anyways, so I figured having more room for HP would always be a good thing!

I've had a few recommendations for shops (including the site www.importperformancetrans.com), but I want to gather info on as many places as possible so I can look into which works best for me. I'd prefer in the lower mainland as I'm in Abbotsford. Even if there's places around Seattle that may work as well.

I'm basically looking for a shop of people that really know what they're doing, that know what parts are good for making the transmission take more power. If anybody has any experiences, estimates on how much it would cost at which shops, warranty information or anything like that, it would be really appreciated.

I plan on taking the time to research all that I can in the forums about transmissions, but figured in the meantime I'd see if anybody has any places they'd recommend.

Thanks!

Jordan