Transmission Cooling Suggestions

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Hey guys, recently I swapped a 1JZ auto soarer transmission into my car. I started at about 2pm on a rainy day and got home from the shop I was using at around 4:30 am. We ran into a few problems but it all worked out great in the end. The car ran beautifully once the transmission was wired up right. The best my car has ever ran. 2 weeks later, I am going back to school in my supra and using the car again. But I do have one big worrie. Once I drive for a while the car starts feeling a little heavy. The transmission is shifting a tad bit later the more and more I drive. It still shifts strong but I am very worried to damage this newer transmission that I love. I used valvoline atf because its all I had money for at the time and it was 9 pm at night and I had to move the car out the shop before they open on monday morninf. I will be using Toyota Atf asap maybe today but do yall think that will help this transmission's cooling and shifting to stay as when I start driving. I will also attempt to buy the biggest oil cooler I can find and slap it on as well.

Well if any of yall have any other advice I would appriciate that greatly.... Thanks.....