Tragidy @ 60mph...

Lurch

You rang?
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxvegas
shaeff said:
i'm sure glad my hardtop doesnt fly off.

-shaeff

Sadly, shaeff went to the convenience store for some headlight fluid right after this post, and his hard top flew off, injuring a wallaby and two senior citizens.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Lurch said:
Sadly, shaeff went to the convenience store for some headlight fluid right after this post, and his hard top flew off, injuring a wallaby and two senior citizens.

genius....simpy genius....

haha....wallaby..... :D

MrBoost

SOGI 94
Apr 1, 2005
Hell Bent in Austin
No way it could come off if bolted; for some reason it was not secured.

I use a soft cover over my roof area when the targa is stowed. These are very rare these days. In other news, if I do put the targa on loose, like in a higher risk area, I put two bolts for a few threads with the visors down and the wench on the shifter so I don't forget.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
yeah that really sucks. i cant beleive it would fly off when bolted down like that.

and FYI, he didnt pull a "paul walker"... a "Paul Walker" was if he tried to do something and totally sucked at acting.

he pulled a "Brian Earl SPillner"... get it right.> GOSH, idiot!

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Jeff Lange said:
Why not bother with the back bolts? It only takes like 30 seconds to do, and then it actually secures the car together. :p

I didn't have the tool to take the bolts out, so I just used an allen key. it was a pain in the back because it would hit the roof, so it would take awhile to do the back ones up. That's why I left them un-done, except when it would rain then they would all get done up.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
shaeff said:
i'm sure glad my hardtop doesnt fly off.

Lurch said:

LMAO haha. it was halogen headlight fluid, the normal stuff is what i put in my truck... :rolleyes:

-shaeff

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
hardtops = non-hoe-gettery

i like hoe gettery, especially around vacation time, here in the clearwater/st. pete area. lol.

and it IS possible to get a 1/4" drive ratchet and a 6mm socket. then just put the targa key into the socket and use that... its way cheaper than trying to buy the rachet from toyota. and the key is only $6 or something. thats how i do it in my 91.