TPS problems

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
iono if something could be done such as this where the car adapts.. but i have a TPS censor that doesnt seem to work... i have always had it plugged out because i never realized it was there when i got the car.. then when i found out i plugged it in.. the idle droppped immmediately and then car started drinking gas like a muthaf*cker.. so. i plugged it back out.. and the car ran "normal" .. now.. i tend to think out of the box sometimes and went on with a thought like.. maybe the ECU has learned how to operate without the TPS.. or.. maybe i have a bad TPS.. i just want to know what u guys think?

boosthead

whiteknuckleheartattack
Sep 30, 2007
Detroit
I had TPS problems, adjusting that thing is a b-yatch. I didn't notice any fuel draining...anymore than normal...but my idle was high, around 1200. Other than that the only other problem was the TPS code. She ran just fine on highway and city driving tho. Since I adjusted it to spec the idle is lower, but drives the same.

What speed does you car idle at when warmed up?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I am curious to see if you unplugged the ecu if it would be able to relearn enough to adapt to the situation you're having again I am not sure, and I am almost positive it can't but lets see!

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
boosthead;1141712 said:
I had TPS problems, adjusting that thing is a b-yatch. I didn't notice any fuel draining...anymore than normal...but my idle was high, around 1200. Other than that the only other problem was the TPS code. She ran just fine on highway and city driving tho. Since I adjusted it to spec the idle is lower, but drives the same.

What speed does you car idle at when warmed up?

it idles around 600rpm.. and stalls out betweens shifts if i wait too long or if i depress the clutch above 1k rpm while coming to a stop...