TPS problem

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
I've checked the resistance per TSRM specs on closed throttle and WOT and there with in spec. Its just when i check the IDL and E2 prongs with the feeler gauge in between the throttle stop i don't get any readings but when I check it between VC and VTA prongs i get readings but really high readings like 5.3k and a tad bit lower with the thicker feeler gauge. Does this mean that the TPS is bad.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
the tps is best tested installed KOEO and installed, but i agree with the OP, might as well pay someone who knows what they are doing.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the tsrm tells you what to do. in order to test resistance the component must be isolated and have no voltage running through it. the tsrm tells you what terminals with what gap, full closed, full open and at what resistance. if it is out of spec in any way then replace it. 51 can also be something to do with the a/c circuit as the tsrm states.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
I've taken a look at the TSRM specs like 30 times and I've followed exactly to the t on how to test the TPS. I know that there are no checks for the VC and VTA together but when i check the the IDL and E2 with the feeler gauges with it unplugged i get no readings at all. I only tried them to see if it did anything and it did which i think is odd.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
gte with a .5mm gap between the stop screw and linkage you need 2.3k ohms or less. .9mm gap you need any resistance(not zero). if yo do not get resistance for either than it is out of spec.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Well I think i kinda figured out why i wasn't getting a reading but i will figure the rest out later have to work early in the morning but if need be I have a spare TPS off the jdm throttle body I got off the motor i just put in.