TPS Calibration

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I need to calibrate my TPS and searching gives me nothing but 7M calibration.
I tried using the 7M TSRM to calibrate it but i assume it's different because i could not get proper readings and my car still stuters.
Am i doing something wrong or is the 7M calibration different than the 1j tps?
Thanks in advance.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
it should be similar but use the 2jz specs and stuff. you should beable to find it, i was able to find it

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I used the way Bigaaron posted a while ago and it seemed to work well, I don't know if our specs are the same as the 2j, as my 1jz tps and my 2jz tps have different part numbers. What I did was this:

Attach a timing light
Jump te1 and e1, and start the car.
Base timing should be straight up 10 degrees, turn the tps until you make it jump off of 10 degrees, then very carefully turn it back until its just barely jumps back to 10 degrees and any movement of the throttle will make it move from base timing. Its very simple to do and works perfectly.

Jon

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
it should be pretty close cuz i used a 2jz tps... but that way you explained works too thats what i did

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Also, because you're running a standalone, it was calibrated to whatever your TPS was set to before. If you re-calibrate the TPS, you will need to have the standalone re-calibrated too.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
Thanks for the help guys.

Rob i was afraid of that but the v-pro has adjusted for the tps being out and actualy runs 100% fine now. I used to keep it out of boost but i noticed it constantly driving better and better.

V-pro was deffinently a VERY smart investment.