TPS Calibration

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
I just tried to set the TPS by following the TSRM instructions and it never deflects to infinite resistance. I can go all the way clockwise and it doesnt go past 2.3k ohms...

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I know there are two versions of TPS. One has the tabs in the horizontal position when released and the other in the vertical position. Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue but something to consider if you just bought a new one and it isn't working properly for whatever reason.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jetjock;1918421 said:
Maybe he should check to see what happens when the throttle is opened. Oh wait, that'd make way too much sense...

It doesnt fall into spec...thats why I am trying to calibrate it...Not everyone is as stupid as you think...

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jetjock;1918427 said:
Not saying you're stupid but it's obvious you have NFI what you're doing. Near zero critical thinking skills too.

oh do explain

Engine has a miss while holding low throttle setting...I think (critically) that the TPS might be out of cal and at low throttle it is right on the edge of the idle map and the transient map...so I check the TPS and it is out of spec...I try to cal the TPS by following the TSRM and am having a hard time so I ask the community for advise.

Where did I go wrong?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
DeMoN2318;1918433 said:
...Where did I go wrong?...

Since you asked...

Everything you wrote there along with everything you've done shows you don't understand what the TPS does nor how the EFI system works. That you think you know but don't is not the only place your "critical" thinking let you down. For example the TPS doesn't get calibrated. Not to mention the part you're trying to "calibrate" doesn't have anything to do with low throttle settings and therefore can't be responsible for your symptom. As I said, NFI. You're suffering from dunning-kruger. Look it up.

If you really understood how it worked you'd have done all sorts of thing differently to sort it out. Not that I think there's anything wrong with your TPS. You did read the book and make an attempt to follow it though. I'll give you credit for that...

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jetjock;1918460 said:
Since you asked...

Everything you wrote there along with everything you've done shows you don't understand what the TPS does nor how the EFI system works.

Instead of being a jerk about it you should have explain how it all works...or point me in the direction to learn it. We are all here to learn...not to have people like you make us feel stupid and take the fun out of working on our cars.

Seems like alot of your posts are rude and sarcastic (even in other threads)...whats the point...just dont reply if you are not going to add value to the threads