Tons of problems

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
Ok, so we have a few issues here

First off, after driving for over an hour the coolant will be boiling, yet the car isn't overheating. ???

Also as a drive sometimes I hear a loud vibrating noise coming form the car somewhere.

Horrible gas mileage. I drove for an hour at an average speed of 90mph and it burned away 10$ in gas.

Last, as im driving its smooth but once i hit a higher speed the steering wheel has begun to vibrate, as i slow down its like my wheels arent round. After i stop fully its fine again.

I have absolutly no idea what could be causing all this, On top of all that it leaks oil, and has 230K kms. So Is the easiest way to fix all this is to just go 7Mgte or 1jz? (also fuel filter and check ball joints etc.)

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
MKivSupra_Rob said:
Ok, so we have a few issues here

First off, after driving for over an hour the coolant will be boiling, yet the car isn't overheating. ???

Also as a drive sometimes I hear a loud vibrating noise coming form the car somewhere.

Horrible gas mileage. I drove for an hour at an average speed of 90mph and it burned away 10$ in gas.

Last, as im driving its smooth but once i hit a higher speed the steering wheel has begun to vibrate, as i slow down its like my wheels arent round. After i stop fully its fine again.

I have absolutly no idea what could be causing all this, On top of all that it leaks oil, and has 230K kms. So Is the easiest way to fix all this is to just go 7Mgte or 1jz? (also fuel filter and check ball joints etc.)
If the coolant is boiling it's overheating.
Vibrating noise, where? Front, back, could be a multitude of things here.
Gas mileage, average speed of 90mph, you're going to burn a lot of fuel.
Steering wheel vibrating, sounds like a sticking caliper to me or a warped rotor. there again, quite a few options there.

You have to narrow things down. There are several things that would cause your problems. With that many miles on it there is probably a few things that may need attention. What kind of shape is it in? Abused, multi owners, etc.

Don't know if it's easier to go MGTE or 1JZ or fix the problems you got. Depends on how much time and money you got.....

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
At over 4 dollars a gallon you probably got over 42 mpg if you went 90 miles in an hour and only spent 10 dollars on gas. Id be singing praises about my green Supra.
Is there any coolant going into the overflow tank? could be a bad cap if it won't let it build up pressure.
check the wheels for balancing, sounds like that could be the problem for the shakes.
Is the Vibrating sound coinsiding with the steering wheel shakes?
If you thromp on the gas is there a slapping sound under the floorboard? that would be the center bearing of the driveshaft.
Your profile says you don't have a supra, what kind of car are we talking about here?

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
f00g00 said:
Is there any coolant going into the overflow tank? could be a bad cap if it won't let it build up pressure.

^^Well at least you are having a positive attitude toward what maybe wrong. I guess I am a realist and think of BHG right away. Then again I have a 7M with a lot of miles on it. Sorry.:cry:

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
Yeah i thought that if the coolant is boiling then it;s impossible for the car to be at a good temp but again today, normal temp on the gauge, yet the coolant is all crazy boiling. maybe something got mixed in with it? like oil? lol it does look dark

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
The vibration wont go away by switching to a turbo motor, I would just fix the problems you have right now, unless you already have a built motor waiting to drop in and then you could do that, and then fix the vibration, which could be a number of things like already mentioned.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
MKivSupra_Rob said:
Yeah i thought that if the coolant is boiling then it;s impossible for the car to be at a good temp but again today, normal temp on the gauge, yet the coolant is all crazy boiling. maybe something got mixed in with it? like oil? lol it does look dark
Your gauge is probably not right, or your sensor is bad. If its dark the only thing short of putting something in it is it's really curroaded or you do have a BHG. Do a compression test.