Tokico struts

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
I purchased a set of these off the forum and am getting ready to install them. Does anyone know what the numbers written on them mean?20170917_105002.jpg20170917_105020.jpg

The fronts say 101 at the top.
The rears say 121 at the top and 106 at the bottom.

Also, does driver/ passenger side matter when installing the fronts. I assume it will for the rears b/c of the tab for the break lines.

Last edited:

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
The fronts have a tab for the abs sensor wiring bracket so just make sure those are in the right spot. Here is a old pic of the driver front from 07 when I put mine in and I never had those numbers on mine. Those numbers may have been measurements from a prior adjustable coilover spring.

Attachments

• PIC00073.jpg
    PIC00073.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 20

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
Thanks, yea the numbers were def. written on with a sharpie by the previous owner. Just wanted to make sure they werent for anything I needed to be aware of.

Are there any adjustments on the struts or things I should look at before installing? The Eibach springs were mounted inside when I received them.

Also, any tips for the install? I am going to use this as a guide - http://yotamd.com/toyota/mk3_supra/shocks_springs.html

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
No adjustments need to be made other than lining up the top strut mounts and rotating them to the right spot. On both 87 Supra's when I had these installed, the OEM top strut mounts were spripped where the strut shaft lines up to the strut mount as it was just spinning when trying to remove the nut on the strut shaft. Had to but two new rear strut mounts from Toyota at the time. The other thing is that you will need to loosen up the front upper control arm bolt and pull it out (but not completely remove it) to get more space to work with.