TO4 Turbo Swap Question

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully I'll be able to start/complete the swap this weekend...finally...been over 2 months now w/o turbo... :(

Anyways... :naughty:

Thinking about the swap got me wondering about the coolant lines on the CT-26. What do I do with those? How do I "cap" them off or loop them? Are the fittings on the block the same size/type so I may use the OEM coolant lines going to the turbo to create a loop?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
WeDgE said:
Hopefully I'll be able to start/complete the swap this weekend...finally...been over 2 months now w/o turbo... :(

Anyways... :naughty:

Thinking about the swap got me wondering about the coolant lines on the CT-26. What do I do with those? How do I "cap" them off or loop them? Are the fittings on the block the same size/type so I may use the OEM coolant lines going to the turbo to create a loop?

its justa hose barb for the turbo coolant lines. ive heard when people block them there car over heats, i dont know why or how true that is.

if it were me personally i would just connect them to each other so everything still flows the way it was ment to.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
i used to have an upgraded CT26 with a garrett T04e "50" trim wheel. it was a great little turbo, and spooled up quick. ended up running 13.10's @ 111mph. if i were to run on drag radials i could have busted 12's, but my engine messed up before i could go out and get some DR's.

what size hot side are you going to be running? is it a 3" inlet 2" outlet? you're going to enjoy that turbo.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Well hopefully this true T4 turbo will put out quite a bit more than an upgraded CT26...*hopefully*

I've been told it's good for ~425-450HP

Hot-side is a P-trim 0.58 A/R (it's probably a bit small for right now, but you can't beat a mint T4 for $400!)

3" inlet, 2.25" outlet

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
yeah, i was thinking that turbo is good for about that HP... which is really good. it'll definately put out more HP than an upgraded CT26. .58a/r makes for an excellent streetable turbo if you ask me. what will you be using to tune?

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Just a Lex AFM and 550s for now...don't know if you can really call that "tuning". I picked them up only because I figured the ECU would throw fuel cut at me...even at 9psi on the T4.

I plan to pick up an SAFCII this summer...or a MAFTPro setup.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
that's cool, sounds like you're on your way to a decent set up. after reading that long thread about the MAFTPro i would go that route. use it like an SAFCII, but upgrade to speed density later on down the line. i going with the MAP-ecu unit myself. if i would have read about the MAFT sooner i might have changed my mind... but i have no regrets. i'm sure the map-ecu will suit me just fine. once you get your af's dialed in perfect you never know... you might extract more HP out of that 50trim. good luck and keep us posted. oh yeah, good price on that turbo. was it brand new?

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, the only thing I don't like about the MAFTPro is its resolution...you don't have nearly as many tuning points as the SAFC. Although, speed density will be nice...and boost control (can sell my Profec B).

I can't wait to start leaning it out...I know there's a ton of power to be made there, especially when the stock ECU runs ~10:1 AFs under WOT.

Almost brand new...maybe 1000kms on it.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
if you haven't bought the Lex AFM and 550's yet i would really consider going with the full blown MAFTPro set up. just max out your 440's, then upgrade them to 550's later. just turn the boost up and tune to the 550's at a later time. don't spend money on the Lex AFM if you only going to sell it later. but if you already have the parts then yeah... do that until you get money to go with the basic MAFTPro.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Lex AFM arrived last week and 550s should be here in the next few days...hehe...

I'm kind of rushed to put it all together b/c I'm moving in a week and I need a car with power to travel on the highway...right now the seized turbo isn't making much power at all... ;)