Tn people?

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
alloyguitar;1191995 said:
\
gnarkill, depending on when it is, I would be interested. I'm not sure if I'd bring my car (it's not exactly a "trip" vehicle, if you know what I mean), but I'd try to show up.

Yeah iam always down for a trip to Knox its only like hour and 15mins for me. but ill get back at ya when i actually have the car lol. oh and EVERYONE i started a Tn registry so sing IN!

Merkhunter

merkhunter
Jan 31, 2008
so cal in the sgv
HEy what Up, I live 1 hr away from chattanooga or knoxville. in a shit hole called rhea county. anyways ive got a 89' targa 7mgte, currently rebuilding the engine, but it would be cool as shit to have a meet when my cars back together. hit me up anybody.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
Merkhunter;1193694 said:
HEy what Up, I live 1 hr away from chattanooga or knoxville. in a shit hole called rhea county. anyways ive got a 89' targa 7mgte, currently rebuilding the engine, but it would be cool as shit to have a meet when my cars back together. hit me up anybody.

So up in dayton area? ill be down for a meet anytime from dec 18-23rd

Merkhunter

merkhunter
Jan 31, 2008
so cal in the sgv
gnarkill87;1194863 said:
So up in dayton area? ill be down for a meet anytime from dec 18-23rd

cool. i won't have my car done until end of january tho. i got a lot of things going on with it . and im a newby so im gonna need some tuning help

Merkhunter

merkhunter
Jan 31, 2008
so cal in the sgv
alloyguitar;1195097 said:
Well if I'm in the area, I'll help with your tuning issues.

What are you doing to it?

well... where do i start. i wanted to go the easiest but effiscient route with this build. so after i bought my 1989 toyota supra targa turbo, i switced the automatic tranny to a r154 tranny to fit my needs. ive got my engine in the shop (almost done). its being built with clevitte 77 bearings, and all arp hardware. so it should hold together. i have a 1.2 HKS mill head gasket, new aisin oil pump new water pump , i got the aeromotive FPR KIT. with 550 cc RC flow charted injectors. lexus AFM, i just now bought the APEXI NEO, with some cosmetic touches for the engine bay. new energy suspension front bushings.i got a 1 piece aluminum fly wheel, with ACT stage 3 clutch with chromoly lightened flywheel. i almost forgot that i have an upgraded ct26 57 trim turbo from driftmotion. and airfilter etc. also greddy profec B boost controller, with greddy turbo timer, and zietronix wideband kit from driftmotion. and new intercooler and piping....

so thats most of my goodies for my project. i will need help in the tuning process, as far as the wideband kit, NEO, and Boost controller turbo timer are concerned, thats my biggest issues, and the tuning after the install. so if any of the local homies are down for helping out a fellow supra builder , please feel free too. im always down for someone who can show me up and help me do it the right way. HOLLA!!!

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Well, it sounds like you have most of the bases covered, but unless I missed it, you may want to think about fuel cut.

I have mine eliminated via Maf-t, but in your case I'd either go with the FCD or a lexus afm I hear helps a ton (although I've never tried this myself).

Depending on when I have time, I (and possibly my motor tech) wouldn't mind helping you out. I'll keep you posted.

Merkhunter

merkhunter
Jan 31, 2008
so cal in the sgv
alloyguitar;1195972 said:
Well, it sounds like you have most of the bases covered, but unless I missed it, you may want to think about fuel cut.

I have mine eliminated via Maf-t, but in your case I'd either go with the FCD or a lexus afm I hear helps a ton (although I've never tried this myself).

Depending on when I have time, I (and possibly my motor tech) wouldn't mind helping you out. I'll keep you posted.

thanks man . and i already have the lexus afm, to go with my injectors... so is their still a fuel cut issue?

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Honestly, I don't THINK so, depending on how much boost you plan on running, but as I said earlier, I've never ran a lex-afm, so I couldn't tell you for certain.

Search for it and see what you find.

neverbeencaught

Jan 1, 2009
athens, tn
www.myspace.com
alloyguitar;1219560 said:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507945

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519679

The guys on SF are thinking about putting a trip together for april/may to the dragon. If you're interested, chime in with some ideas.

I am down for a trip to the dragon. I live in athens, tn. the direct mid point between chattanooga and knoxville,lol. I'm about 10 or 15 mintues away from cleveland, about 20 or 25 away from benton, and depending on where in Rhea county, about 20 minutes from there,lol. Plus my 87 turbo should be good to go in the next week or two, hopefully. Oh and did anyone hit the O'Reily World of Wheels down in Chattown this week end?

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
neverbeencaught;1220895 said:
I am down for a trip to the dragon. I live in athens, tn. the direct mid point between chattanooga and knoxville,lol. I'm about 10 or 15 mintues away from cleveland, about 20 or 25 away from benton, and depending on where in Rhea county, about 20 minutes from there,lol. Plus my 87 turbo should be good to go in the next week or two, hopefully. Oh and did anyone hit the O'Reily World of Wheels down in Chattown this week end?

...didn't know about it. Plus, my car is more for "go" than "show," if you know what I mean...

Not the prettiest thing in the world. Hit me up when you get your car running and we'll meet up or something.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
neverbeencaught;1220895 said:

Ive gone to the world of wheels twice in past years and well once youve gone once you dont need to go again, its the same damn cars every year!

NOTICE to all tennessee guys we got a tenn registration thing so go give your info and dont forget the picture!

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Did any of you Tennesee MkIII boys(with a light blue) happen to race a red bug-eyed WRX a few weeks ago? Not sure of the highway, but he was headed back to Clarksville, from Nashville. Said he did three pulls...first one side by side, and he pulled a nose on the Supra, second one, Supra slight edge, then the last he said he thinks the Supra driver turned up the boost:icon_razz cause' he walked away from the little Rex pretty bad!!! Said the Supra sounded like it had a DDP.
I had to smile, I love beating down Subies too! My son was the Suby driver, he's stationed at Ft.Campbell.

SUPRA POWER!!!:naughty:

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
91T breezen';1225515 said:
Did any of you Tennesee MkIII boys happen to race a red bug-eyed WRX a few weeks ago? not sure of the highway, but he was headed back to Clarksville, from Nashville. Said he did three pulls...first one side by side, and he pulled a nose on the Supra, second one, Supra slight edge, then the last he said he thinks the Sipra driver turned up the boost:icon_razz cause' he walked away from the little Rex pretty bad!!! Said the Supra sounded like it had a DDP or external w/g.
I had to smile, I love beating down Subies too! My son was the Suby driver, he's stationed at Ft.Campbell.

SUPRA POWER!!!:naughty:

LOL Dunno about bug-eyed, but I've had my fun with a few Scooby Do's. With Open DP it makes people either want to race me or completely hit the next exit or take the next right or left.:biglaugh:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Hehe, nice. Well, I'm down for the dragon. My own dragon should be running in the next 3 weeks, plus a nice suspension set-up (courtesy of money back from taxes lol)