Tires keep breakin loose in WOT.

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
Poodles;1773376 said:
Regardless, it's still not abusing the car.

Hell, during the winter, rolling into boost with a stockish car will end in wheelspin.

There's a whole lot going on here, cold road/tires, possibly hard tire compound, and a lot of power :rofl:
you have a right to an opinion. so do i....

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
sharpsupra;1773404 said:
you have a right to an opinion. so do i....

Yes, but your opinion is nonsense.

What do you do, idle around building up tons of carbon in your engine? That's more abuse than rolling into boost...

TrqMnstr

HKS Whore!!!
Oct 31, 2005
Los Angeles, California, United States
I once thought I was braking traction while boosting and then my Sup wouldn't move in any gear a.k.a burnt clutch. Then when upgraded clutch I didn't adjust it, went to do a burnout with new 275's Riken Raptors and new clutch was slipping also. The best is getting loose in the rain doing 75 mph between a pair of Freightliners. Scary shiza

Jake_ak_cent

May 19, 2011
Utah
87Burg7mgte;1773138 said:
weird, my car has never burned tire since i've owned it...or maybe im a grandpa driver
Neither has mine, but my car has been parked since 3 weeks after I bought it. I've only driven it 7 times

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
CajunKenny;1773203 said:
Something doesn't add up with 275's breaking loose at 6psi; but, that's why I asked about his tire condition.

I hope he doesn't take offense because I'm from Chalmette and for all I know, he and I could be cousins! :biglaugh:

Lol I lived in chalmette for a while it's different over there lol

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
^It is different. Ha ha... I grew up there and all my family is still there.

With all that rain, it's pretty easy to break tires loose down there. ;)

87Burg7mgte

May 4, 2011
Turlock, CA
Funny that you mentioned about the winter... last night heading home from work, my car chirped them in 2nd and was hitting fuel cut quicker than i'd like..no fuel cut in warm weather though...strange.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Colder air = Higher air Density
Higher air Density = More air in Cylinder
More air in Cylinder = Leaner Condition
Leaner Condition = MOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR POWUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Unfortunately, that also means fuel cut for some.
:)

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
CajunKenny;1774357 said:
^It is different. Ha ha... I grew up there and all my family is still there.

With all that rain, it's pretty easy to break tires loose down there. ;)

I'm back home in Seattle now. Lived down in n.o. And played a lot down on almondaster. With how warm it gets down there it was awesome for traction nice warm roads make the tires nice and sticky. Up here in Seattle nice cold air makes awesome power but wet roads just make it fun to slide everywhere lol

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
i always thought threads like these were funny. Stop buying cheap plastic tires guys, somehow i manage to hook over 700rwhp on the street no problem. only a 275's in the rear on a toyo street tire.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
quake;1774580 said:
i always thought threads like these were funny. Stop buying cheap plastic tires guys, somehow i manage to hook over 700rwhp on the street no problem. only a 275's in the rear on a toyo street tire.

If your not having traction issues at 700whp you either have trac control or just driving sensibly.:icon_bigg