tire rub, new shocks

MK3Jay

Jun 4, 2012
LA
Ok so now I've got a huge tire tub on my left front. Just installed illumni tems compatible shocks and HR springs, which do lower the car. Hit up the canyons, right from takes the turns normal left front gets huge rub. Would I need to change the tire siz? I do weigh heavy at 220 could it be my size lol. Shocks springs? I can't think that it's that if the right front is ok so im assuming my tire. Any thoughts?

MK3Jay

Jun 4, 2012
LA
So I went cheap with some hankook radial tires. (my tires were all at the wire, saving for continental tires) 225/50 R16 92V. Same on both sides rubbing right at the top on the left side only. Like when I make a sharp right and the body goes down they touch. This even the right tire combo? About to get a wheel alignment, ill keep you updated.

MK3Jay

Jun 4, 2012
LA
Stock wheels, guy said he could align a lowered car -.- ya ima have to find some other place aha but ya the left tire like melted or flattned/polished the underside on where it sits.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Is the fender liners missing some screws and dropping down more on the side that it rubs?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
What offsets are your wheels? If they are stock, you really shouldn't rub... correct tire size, you got that correct. :)

Try setting your shocks to a stiffer setting...

MK3Jay

Jun 4, 2012
LA
hvyman;1856888 said:
Is the fender liners missing some screws and dropping down more on the side that it rubs?

that sheet metal under the bumper was loose, not anymore though, but right above the tire well let's just say that sheet metal is already peeling off...