Time to go single...

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
Finally got all my parts, well, actually waiting on some tial flanges, an fittings, and some flywheel bolts, but the majority of the parts are here and shes finally going single in the next few weeks...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Parts list...
T04R (.68 hotside turbonetics)
Trev manifold
TiAL 40mm wg
RPS 3200lb pressure plate with sprung hub 6 puck clutch
12lb billet steel flywheel,
CSF aluminum radiator 2 1/4" thick
ebay 24x12x4 intercooler
Aeromotive AFPR
Venom 550cc drop in inj.
Walbro GSS 341 hi pressure fuel pump
Greddy blue timing belt
All new gaskets, new timing belt tensioner
ebay catch can
$50 remote start, keyless entry, and turbo timer :)

Last edited:

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
ill get crackin on it asap, just hope anderson has stuck to his word about this turbo running OK, i.e: no smoke, no leaks, ect..he has said in the past that it smoked badly and was going to send it back for a new one or rebuild from arizona turbos, but i have yet to see proof that this has happened, for all I know this turbo could still be the one that is smoking, and was never sent out for a rebuild...anderson im waiting on what you have to say about all this...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277620&page=1&pp=25&highlight=t04r

it does have some shaft play, not in and out but from side to side about 1mm, yet i told him about this and he said thats normal for large turbos after their initial break-in...

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
JonnyRedline said:
ill get crackin on it asap, just hope anderson has stuck to his word about this turbo running OK, i.e: no smoke, no leaks, ect..he has said in the past that it smoked badly and was going to send it back for a new one or rebuild from arizona turbos, but i have yet to see proof that this has happened, for all I know this turbo could still be the one that is smoking, and was never sent out for a rebuild...anderson im waiting on what you have to say about all this...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277620&page=1&pp=25&highlight=t04r

it does have some shaft play, not in and out but from side to side about 1mm, yet i told him about this and he said thats normal for large turbos after their initial break-in...

Dude, this whole post just simply sucks. CK is a stand up guy, so I highly doubt he's telling you anything but the truth. If you put the turbo on & it smokes, then air your dirty laundry out if you feel the need, but not until then.

If you have that much doubt that he's telling you the truth, then why in the hell did you buy it from him in the first place?

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
I have no doubt that he is telling me the truth, I have bought the power fc from him earlier in the year and have no complaints whatsoever...I have just recently thought about all this while talking it over with a few people, and they understand, like i said before i will not know until it is on the car and running, i would just like some more input from him, thats all.

ive been screwed around before a few times, id just hate to see a good friend do it to me, and yes the other two times were by two friends who will remain annomyous, as they have solved the problems and are very good sellers.

rakkasan, if you cant say anything nice, then keep your mouth shut, im just explaining the expierence so i can get other positive input, in no way whatsoever was anything negative said about ck, shit if i lived closer to him, id have sex with him! just want to get some honest answers, thats all.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
rakkasan said:
Dude, this whole post just simply sucks. CK is a stand up guy, so I highly doubt he's telling you anything but the truth. If you put the turbo on & it smokes, then air your dirty laundry out if you feel the need, but not until then.

If you have that much doubt that he's telling you the truth, then why in the hell did you buy it from him in the first place?

Thank you.

the turbo has side to side play.. about 1 mm which is NOTHING and happens durring the first 50 miles.. i pre lubed the turbo like crazy... it has ZERO axel play...the turbo is fine and jonny's just cryin like normal :icon_razz

if it isnt fine.. we will go from there... its is a large shaft turbo though... i highly doubt there will ever be any major problems with it..

lord knows i didnt boost ir hard.. the highest i got was 13 psi!

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
JonnyRedline said:
I
rakkasan, if you cant say anything nice, then keep your mouth shut, im just explaining the expierence so i can get other positive input, in no way whatsoever was anything negative said about ck, shit if i lived closer to him, id have sex with him! just want to get some honest answers, thats all.

Pot, meet kettle. Who had something bad to say? That would be JonnyRedline. Seems to me that you made a big dollar purchase without having a warm & fuzzy feeling about it, and now you're trying to ease your mind a little. Problem is, in order to get the warm & fuzzy you're calling out the great integritity of CK.

There's a gut check for you, good luck getting me to keep my mouth shut.

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
i was not aware of the situation until after i received the turbo and got some input from other members, i still have that "warm & fuzzy feeling" or whatever it is ud like to call it, just when any buyer of any product encounters some potential problems after receiving the product, they would like to get some answers...i trust andersons word as i have had no problems with anything else i have bought from him in the past, im just stating the facts of what was encountered and was kind enough to share it with the community to get other POSITIVE input, that is all.

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
werd.....

still waiting on the wastegate flanges..shuld be here today or tomorrow...

once i get those ill get the welding started on the mani for the flanges then evrything can get rolling along