time for a rebuild

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Ok so as the story goes, my stock engine internals could only handle 515whp on 15psi for so long... has rod knock at 3k now.....no biggie, gonna start fresh and know what i have inside and out.

Buddy of mine is hookin me up with damn near complete engine with engine management. Good block gonna bore .020" and deck, brand new crower rods .010" over, wiseco pistons .020" with total seal rings, good straight already been machined never ran gonna make sure ra is perfect when block is done) timing cover backing plate (been cut down prior with head and different block to accommodate 2.0mm mhg, which will be attached to undecked block) 7m crank which i will have turned, resized .010" under and knife edged.... and also throwing in a complete maft pro setup with sensors and 89+ ecu with hac mod...

Once engine is assembled i am not cuttin any corners on oiling system. gonna to buy the "upgraded" 7m oil pump that is already shimmed from dm, unless there are others out there? gonna have my turbo (gt40r) gonna through and inspected for damage, catch can installed (if needed)....

A few questions i do have are "i am i forgettin anything?" and also given my internals are strong everything torqued properly, how many pounds of boost would be the limit? (mhg on studs, and forged interals) I know heat will be an issue so i was also contemplating going e-85, but not sure how well i can tune that with the maft?

so please anyone and everyone please chime in, mods experts or anyone that has done a build expecting the most it can handle.... if i got 500+ out of stock internals i am gonna try and break atleast 600 with this one....

MODS that will stay on new engine.....
gt40r, 3" turbo back exh, afpr, 2.5" ic kit, wideband, true-boost, fuel system may be changed if e-85. current is walbro255 afpr no j-tube, and 560s

slow_yota

Gotta Pay To Play
Last edited: