TIG Gas Lens Case

So I bought a set of gas lenses and wanted a nice case to put them in. I didn't want to use the plastic tackle box that everyone else does because they roll around. So I did this.

First the cups.
JrOKYt8.jpg

Then I ordered a Pelican case. First I bought a smaller one. It barely fit the small gas lenses, so I bought a bigger one. The Pelican 1170. I wish I would have gone one size up so I could fit my tungsten in there too, but oh well. Maybe next time.
AHysAG8.jpg

The seller even provided a customized name plate for free.

Now I started laying everything out to see which way everything would fit in. I wanted it to look nice, but still had to fit everything in the case.
OrmstC6.jpg

Nah
Msnze0d.jpg

Close but not quite.

I picked out a good one, and forgot to take a picture. Once I got everything laid out the way I wanted, I stuck tooth picks on all of the corners to give an outline for where I would cut. I used a razor blade to cut, and tooth picks to measure the depth of the cut. For the back cap, I stuck a couple toothpicks around the cap and very carefully free hand cut around it.

This is what i ended up with.
pWZeUCE.jpg

This is after a few weeks use. The foam has kept it's shape nicely and everything stays in place. Lots of compliments on it.
VsdEFUQ.jpg

Total time, 1.5 hours.

Last edited: