Throwing on a Driftmotion CT2657trim - Headgasket First??

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
Update: And so, I spun my clutch the day (last Monday) after installing my 255lph Walbro Fuel Pump. Basically, I was at a redlight, wanted to takeoff but not launch the car, so in trying to clutch just-right, I....lol....I floored the gas pedal before FULLY disengaging the clutch, switched to second, spun (not tires though), switched to third, spun (not tires though)....lol....my clutch was slipping and my Rpms were climbing but I was barely accelerating. Anyway, the car is still drivable and sometimes holds power under boost (not in higher gears at WOT though). I'm almost sure its the original Toyota clutch (never changed). The clutch was already soft/worn and on its way out but my screw-up sure finished it once and for all. It wasn't really gripping well in between hard shifts (on the track or so) and was not going to hold the added power of when I jack the boost up to 18psi w/ Afrs around 11.5 from installing/tuning the Apexi SAFC NEO.

As a result, I started looking around for clutches and found (thanks to a buddy of mine) a Spec Stage 2 on sale in the clearance items from Raptor Racing; regardless of the sale, I'm now broke. And so, I'll be installing this clutch myself (never been done before....ahh man) in the coming days or a week or so. And since I don't have money for a flywheel, for now, I'm going to have to resurface it.

On another note, I heard a slight grinding noise coming from the inside the timing covers and....make a long story short, my crank timing pulley outter guide/ring broke off allowing my timing belt to slide forward and get slightly chewed up from the timing cover. I believe the belt is still good as its a brand new Gates Racing timing belt that I just put in when doing this whole headgasket job. Anyway, I made a thread on how I think I wanna combat this shit cause honestly, I don't feel like getting a new one.

Here's why, here's the thread if you wanna take a look: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...MGTE-Broken-Timing-Pulley-Guides-Possible-Fix

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
My Spec Stage 2 Clutch arrived from Raptor Racing today (great sale/clearance price):

Capture 154.PNG

Capture 155.PNG

Capture 156.PNG

Capture 157.PNG

Going to start taking out the transmission this weekend however, since I'm broke (no money for fancy new flywheel), I'm going to have to resurface the stock one currently on the car now; not ideal but....a dude is broke right now after purchasing this clutch. Also, I should order new seals (input/output transmission shafts) and replace the rear main seal which I have from the full engine gasket kit doing the HG job last April; might as well do these things while the transmission is out, right?? Here's the order I wanna place from DM:

Capture 167.PNG