Throwing Codes after rebuild, 14,41,42 Zeitronix??

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Ok guys, just got my rebuild done and now it runs but doesn't run good. It stutters some times, it's intermittent.

14 is Ignition
41 is throttle position sensor
42 is vehicle speed

Now could this be because of my Zeitronix that is wired into my harness?? I followed ISMNS (spelling) instructions to the T.

My build thread is in my sig.

Also I noticed that my CPS wiring was giving me trouble. My engine harness I bought 2 years ago brand new and is still in great shape.

Help me out here fellas!

Thanks

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Make sure all our injector clips are secure.
Here is some code 14 possibilities:
The first part is information quoted from JJ on SM
14 will prevent the engine from starting and means you have no spark or spark but no confirmation of it back to the ECU. Check the igniter, 12 volt supply to the coil packs, and the coil pack harness. Also check the CPS. When you say the igniter is grounded you mean it's case right? It's bolted down?

Does the tach flicker when cranking?

edit: As long as you have 14 you will not get injection because the ECU prevents it until receiving confirmation of spark.

It goes like this: 1) CPS talks to ECU, 2) ECU talks to igniter (signal IGt and coil selection lines), 3) igniter talks to coils (grounds selected coil), 4) plug fires and igniter sends back confirmation to ECU on line IGf.
Next a list I made of posibilities, in no particular order:
• fusible link
• ig-5 - ignition troubleshoot
• fi-63 - igt & e1
• spark plug wires
• wire harness
• cps
• coil
• igniter
• grounds​

42 - your speedometer cable is broke somewhere or not connected. put a drill on the end at the transmission, counter clock wise, speedometer should register.

Couldn't be the zeitronix wiring instructions :ugh::biglaugh:

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I had a problem with my speedo cable and now it works again, it wasn't plugged in all the way. I'm going to adjust the tps and I really think that the CPS is causing the code 14. I checked all of my grounds last night and they look good as well as my fuseable links.

Thanks for your reply!!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I had a problem with starting my car at first because of the CPS wires, I had to wiggle them around. It got better once I zip tied them together. I'll look at them tonight when I get off work. I may just solder them.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
frontierguy25;1361089 said:
I had a problem with my speedo cable and now it works again, it wasn't plugged in all the way.

Yep, then 42 is probably leftover.
Adjust the tps, check the cps wiring, clear the codes and see what comes back.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I'll look at it all tonight. I think that it's mainly the CPS giving issues. I'll take care of the TPS tonight as well.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
check the splice in for the rpm signal if you used IGf, when i first installed the Safc, the stupid clip cut the wire in half! (lesson learned, no vampire clips...)

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Ya, I soldered all my connections and then heat shrinked them for the SAFR and Zeitronix.

But more importantly I have a fuel leak on my #6 injector at the rail so I now need to fix that first.

Hopefully I can get this going right!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
OK, update, I got the codes to disappear other than the 41. All I did was take the TB, isc and fuel rail out. I'll adjust the TPS some more tomorrow. Now I just have that stupid 51 code. Hopefully I can get that fixed.

I fixed the rail fuel leak, on the PTE injectors there is way too much play where the top O ring goes, so I just added another one. And so far no leak!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Question, Does Your Car Have Good Idle Or Does It Move Up And Down? My Car Has Code 32 And 41. It Has Unstable Idle That Moves Around 100 to 200 RPM Up And Down. It Has No Vacuum Leaks Because We Smoke Tested It. Any Suggestions?