Three races and one horrendous loss.

7MsuprO

Apr 29, 2006
Huntington Beach CA/Ohio
The supra got lots of action this weekend.:biglaugh:

Friday night: On my way to my buddies house, as I'm approaching a red light it turns green. I've slowed down almost completely so I'm in first gear. As I give it some gas to head through for the green light, teen drama queen and her friend in their red turbo VW bug next to me start trying to race me...wtf :aigo: ??? I start laughing and give it about half gas...just enough to stay a little ahead of her. The next light, the two of them are looking over at us and giggling. Light turns green she takes off and I let her go. Next light she says "I smoked you"...:biglaugh: :biglaugh: . We're now at a red light at a T intersection. She starts revving and takes off through the red light :nono:...ok so not a race.

Get to said buddies house who owns an 02 WRX with a few mods who happens to always be talking shit. We headed out later that night and he kept trying to instigate me. We get to a clear spot of highway and I drop down into third. Three rolls from 60ish all end the same way...with me having about 2-3 lengths on him i'd say. Later on in a crowded part of town he says "lets go from a dig, you can't do 0-60 in under 5 seconds." I laugh and say dry your eyes.
-according to him his mods are 3" turbo back exhaust, intake and "ecu reflash"

Saturday afternoon: On my way to Cincinnati, an 03-04 cobra flys up on me and lets off right next to me. I go for it even though I know I'll get destroyed. Yup...damn that thing was fast. Sounded :love: too.

Cliffs: Chick in turbo bug tried to race me. 1 to me, 1 to her :biglaugh:. Raced buddy in 02 wrx with basic mods and beat him thrice. Played with an 03-04 cobra and got bit by the snake.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I"d love to race a cobra, but I haven't had the opportunity yet. I"m not scared of losing so it'll be alright if I get own'd. The only thing I've got to say about the girls in the bug is PIITB.............:biglaugh:

Last edited:

7MsuprO

Apr 29, 2006
Huntington Beach CA/Ohio
suprahero said:
I"d love to race a cobra, but I haven't had the opportunity yet. I"m not scared of losing so it'll be alright if I get own'd. The only thing I've got to say about the girls in the buy is PIITB.............:biglaugh:

No cobras in Bama? Theyre mean...500rwhp with a pulley and bolt ons :naughty:.

OneJoeZee said:
And he can? What'd he do? Read the owner's manual?
Lol...he's a fool and no he can't. He also told me that he would get 380hp from his stage 2 ecu reflash and that he's only on stage one right now. He also said he could do that on stock injectors. :nono: :nono: :nono:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
7MsuprO said:
No cobras in Bama? Theyre mean...500rwhp with a pulley and bolt ons :naughty:.

I've raced the cobras that aren't supercharged, like the 98's or whatever, but they were a joke. I haven't got to race a supercharged one yet. I'm keeping my eyes opent though.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprahero said:
I've raced the cobras that aren't supercharged, like the 98's or whatever, but they were a joke. I haven't got to race a supercharged one yet. I'm keeping my eyes opent though.

No 03-04, no care.

Those are the ones to look out for. Don't get caught off guard. (I did before)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I always hold it to the floor until time to change gears. So far I've never had to go into fourth. I'm usually out in front pretty good by 115mph. I would love to run my car against a cobra though. I'll definately be on the lookout now.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
suprahero said:
I"d love to race a cobra, but I haven't had the opportunity yet. I"m not scared of losing so it'll be alright if I get own'd. The only thing I've got to say about the girls in the bug is PIITB.............:biglaugh:

SShhhhh, don't let your wife hear that ;).

golf97

May 1, 2007
Spokane
I've got a WRX with an upgraded turbo and supporting mods and a custom tune. Its quote unquote stage2.5 by Cobb's standards, and like stage4 by TXS standards. F- stages. I put down 253 WHP with a very conservitive tune on a Mustang AWD, which generally reads around the lowest. They're quick off the line for sure, but let me be the first to say thats where the low 1/4 mile times come from. According to other's experience, my car should run a low to mid 12 with a good driver. Its been done tons of times with the exact same mods and dynos. But its not the fastest ever on the highway.

I'd love to see a Mustang Cobra in action. I got to see a turbocharged Saleen with a goal of 700rwhp at Kito where my car was being dynotuned, but I only got to see it upclose and hear it start up. That was enough to make me want a V8 in a big way though.

btw i'm at 20 psi.
p641601_1.jpg

p641601_2.jpg

7MsuprO

Apr 29, 2006
Huntington Beach CA/Ohio
golf97 said:
I've got a WRX with an upgraded turbo and supporting mods and a custom tune. Its quote unquote stage2.5 by Cobb's standards, and like stage4 by TXS standards. F- stages. I put down 253 WHP with a very conservitive tune on a Mustang AWD, which generally reads around the lowest. They're quick off the line for sure, but let me be the first to say thats where the low 1/4 mile times come from. According to other's experience, my car should run a low to mid 12 with a good driver. Its been done tons of times with the exact same mods and dynos. But its not the fastest ever on the highway.

I'd love to see a Mustang Cobra in action. I got to see a turbocharged Saleen with a goal of 700rwhp at Kito where my car was being dynotuned, but I only got to see it upclose and hear it start up. That was enough to make me want a V8 in a big way though.

btw i'm at 20 psi.
p641622_1.jpg

p641622_2.jpg

Nice, your car looks good. What turbo are you running and what is stock fuel good for on wrx's? My friend is on the stock turbo, stock boost and the car just doesnt impress me. Every time I've raced him from a dig too he pulls out maybe a car length +/- a little which I get back most times in 2nd or 3rd. His car does feel surprisingly torquey on low end though IMO. As far as cobras go, they're my current obsession...they sound so good! I want one merely for how easily they make power but theyre still kinda pricey right now and I dont know that i'd want to own an FI ford car when they become affordable in a few years.
Check this out: http://videos.streetfire.net/search/twin+turbo+saleen/0/c7734e40-4d86-41ee-b55f-12b4276bbb38.htm
not a cobra but still cool!

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
In my selling parts days, I used to deliver to LG motorsports(Also Known As: Corvette GODS!). One of the mechanics drove an 04 cobra with goodies. He put 2K worth of mods(pullies, headers, exhaust, tune) 18psi of boost on stock charger and laid down 515hp to the wheels... His two biggest complaints was that he smoked the hell out of serpentine belts(he knew to change belt when the boost gauge would flutter from 18 to 14psi) and that he absolutely hated going on the highway, he mentioned the supercharger whine drived him F'in nuts.

golf97

May 1, 2007
Spokane
7MsuprO said:
Nice, your car looks good. What turbo are you running and what is stock fuel good for on wrx's? My friend is on the stock turbo, stock boost and the car just doesnt impress me. Every time I've raced him from a dig too he pulls out maybe a car length +/- a little which I get back most times in 2nd or 3rd. His car does feel surprisingly torquey on low end though IMO. As far as cobras go, they're my current obsession...they sound so good! I want one merely for how easily they make power but theyre still kinda pricey right now and I dont know that i'd want to own an FI ford car when they become affordable in a few years.
Check this out: http://videos.streetfire.net/search/twin+turbo+saleen/0/c7734e40-4d86-41ee-b55f-12b4276bbb38.htm
not a cobra but still cool!

i'm running a vf34, which is the ball bearing turbo on the jdm sti ver.7, as well as injectors from the jdm sti and a walbro 255lph for the pump. stock fuel is good until the turbo is upgraded really. well a vf39 is the usdm sti turbo and on a wrx you can use stock injectors, but when you start boosting over 15psi or so its a good idea to run larger ones.

that thing sounds absolutely beast. i want a muscle car for the sound.