Thread pitch for tstat housing.....some of this crap has to go!

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Well its been done already I should say. What are you guys using to plug the things NOT being used.

Refer to this diagram.

ThermostatHousing.jpg

Such as the A/C coolant switch (no a/c), etc.....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
So because you don't have A/C, you don't need axillary high heat fans? They turn on with water temperature. You might considering leaving it.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Nick M;2040301 said:
So because you don't have A/C, you don't need axillary high heat fans? They turn on with water temperature. You might considering leaving it.

No. The car did not come with any fans as is, rather the clutch fan alone. I am more curious as to what the pitch was.....if anyone had done it. Im learning here, lol. I hate to compare this car to the DSM I had before, but it was readily available and a common mod so to speak. The BVSV for example on this car is broken off, and I am not sure what on the housing I really NEED. Though it looks like the BVSV, ecu temp and gauge cluster temp are bare minimum.

I plan to make this car a elemental supra, basic....stripped....functional. I intend to remove the clutch fan with a slim-line fan(s).

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Completely just a FYI where I am coming from. This is a 1G housing with all info on what can be plugged and with what.

Just looking for a common ground. BTW...I have NO idea what happened with the PO of this car. I literally have a harness on the drivers side near the CMC that attaches to nothing and looks like it was....but now? No clue.

KnowYourThermoHousing1G-1.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
bonylad;2040329 said:
I plan to make this car a elemental supra, basic....stripped....functional. I intend to remove the clutch fan with a slim-line fan(s).

That fan switch closes at 220 degrees and could be used for yours. I would have to look in a Toyota tech book to verify on and off temps. And since I have not taken it out, I couldn't tell you if it is metric or something like NPT. Toyota has done things like that before. 3p might have the temp control in his ECU thread.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Thank you both! Im at this point now where I am trying to figure out if its worth trying to fix this car, or save up for a shell to swap in the driveline. THANKS!