Thoughts on B&G springs?

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Guys im trying to get some of your views on B&G springs and your Supra's.

Not many people consider B&G when looking for lowering springs and I want to know why.

Post up your thoughts (and experiances)!

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
This is just my take on them, but i've been considering them, or what i currently have which are H&R's, its a debate between the two, according to 935 they only drop 1.3'' which sounds good, and the price point is there too. only thing i would be interested in is the spring rates, which im sure you could find out.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Rennat;1056170 said:
This is just my take on them, but i've been considering them, or what i currently have which are H&R's, its a debate between the two, according to 935 they only drop 1.3'' which sounds good, and the price point is there too. only thing i would be interested in is the spring rates, which im sure you could find out.

Its a progressive spring so spring rate is variable.

The reason I ask is im meating :naughty: with some B&G reps that are interested to hear consumers thoughts on their products.

They are considering developing a coil over kit for our Supra's and want to know what you guys think. It would be a chance for us to completly design them to our specs, our spring rates and our valving choices.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i would say go for it. its going to be hard to make a coil over to please everybody, but its always nice to see more suspension stuff. i didnt even know they made coil overs...

and after looking at the website, they make some very nice looking coil overs, and i would love to hear about that limited lifetime warranty... the colors are nice too, not very flashy, and the drop from 1 -3.5'' sounds very good.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
The problem is , they havn't really pushed their product towards the MKIII which is why we don't see much of them in use. maybe they can start with that and also start pushing it to more vendors and performance shops to carry their line.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
suprastanger507mgte;1056190 said:
The problem is , they havn't really pushed their product towards the MKIII which is why we don't see much of them in use. maybe they can start with that and also start pushing it to more vendors and performance shops to carry their line.

which is exactly what I told them first.

we will be going out to meat some vendors next week (hopefully aaron from driftmotion, jose, and maybe having a discussion with wissass about his suspension setups) and we will be talking with them to see what you guys are asking for.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Well you should ask the reps what the spring rates are, even if they are variable. If anything, ask for a range. (IE: 300-700)

If anything, maybe you can ask for an alternative lowering spring (a different model...like how companies do a "sport" and "race" setup) and have it so that the range of their progressive springs is something like 450 lb/in to 700 lb/in instead of those soft eibachs that have softer rates then stock initially.

7msupradude

Please wash your car!
Jan 31, 2007
Utah
I have been riding on B&G's for about nine months, and I am very impressed. My only complaints are that I wish the back was slightly higher. Other than that, the handling and responsiveness are both excellent for the price paid. Also, there is a fair stiffness, so it isn't the roughest ride (not the smoothest either) but quite comfortable.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I wish we could get the rates some time soon, because everyone's opinion of stiff/soft are too varied.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Paired with KYB GR2 shocks I couldn't corner for shit. My front wheels would hit the inner fender well when cornering slightly hard or if there was a slight dip in the road. I also noticed the coils touching (spring sag?) in the front. A pair of Bilsteins fixed the problems though (cornering wise), I guess all you need is a stiffer shock. Although I've used Eibach springs with stock shocks and I had no issues at all with that setup. I ended up just selling the springs and using ride height adjustable Bilstein shocks set to the lowest setting with stock springs. A lot better then the previous setups I've had.

Don't take my opinion so seriously though as I've heard from a few people on the forum that using B&G's and KYB GR2's gave them no problems. I guess I just wasn't so lucky. I did like the drop though... very nice and more then I expected.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
suprabad;1056864 said:
I'd like to see straight wound springs...chunk the progressives.

Any reason to want non progressive?

DonS1mpson;1056462 said:
Sounds good.

Although It would sound even better if you used the correct spelling of 'Meet' ;).

Its done on porpoise

CryoSlash;1056821 said:
Progressives = No no in my book.

Once again, why?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
arent H&R's progressive? if so, then depending on the spring rates, they sound perfect for a DD. because the H&R's are a tad bit too low. dont get me wrong, i love the look, but, with H&R's and tokico blues, a little low, and roughhhhhhh as hell.

but defintaley get some details on the coil overs. they sound very promising.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
H&R comes in more than just one style for each application. the OE-sport is a good all around spring and doesnt dump your car on its nuts nor does it ride harshly. its a mild drop (less than 1") and is only slightly stiffer than stock.

i had BG springs and GR2 struts on my old gray 89 turbo. the stance was quite nice. it wasnt shockingly low or noticably harsh. i live on a broken-up limerock road and i drove that car for several months and i didnt rattle any of my teeth out. also, the drop wasnt so aggressive that i ended up hitting the bumpstops or bottoming out the struts on every single bump like the way Intrax springs do.

i personally would run BG springs again for the right prices (IE: less than H&R or Eibach sportline).

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I have a set GR2's on my car w/ B&G springs.
I've also lost innner fender due to shitty cornering.
The rear struts are constantly getting blown out,but they have a lifetime gaurantee from Summit.