Thought valve seals, but now maybe turbo???

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
yes i do believe my motor is healthy...well it must be since its been my dd for 8 months now lol
i use about 1qt between oil changes(not to bad if i say so myself lol)
sees boost everyday as well lol

honestly i probably should hook my pcv system back up sometime soon
only reason it was disconnected before was i thought i had some major blow by going on
removed it and showed my turbo was shot shot shot lol
smoked like a cummins with the fuel turned up lol

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
theres some good info here. I just bought another supra a few days ago and was told by the po that it needed valve stem seals so before I go ahead and order the parts and put in the time i just want to make sure he is right. When I first start it up it puffs a little bit of blue smoke. Then I had somebody follow me to see if it smoked on deaccel and he said no just some grayish smoke when I shift. I'm just thinking this is because I have a lexus afm/550s without an afc to tune so its just really rich. Thanks in advance for any help.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Well see here's the problem with your car
It's not tuned
Greyish smoke is either oil or raw fuel...can be determined by what the smell is
But I'm thinking your running rich between shifts

Some more info on mods, does it smoke on deceleration?
How about while in boost?
What type bov and is it recirculated?
Have you checked intercooler piping for oil puddling or oil residue inside intercooler piping?
Still running pcv system?

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Well it doesn't matter for me now since the car literally just got a bhg, but it had a 60-1 with hard ic pipes and fmic running only stock boost without a tune. It had a lot of blow by coming from the ports on the valve covers though when I looked at it closer.