Thought I would say HI

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
I've owned my 86.5 NA supra for 14 years since 93. I always wanted one and when I found one I bought it. I have kept it pretty much stock as possible. However last year the head gasket went and decided to have the engine rebuilt. It has been a big learning experience. It will never be a rocket, but I am pleased with what I am doing, and I have a few more things to upgrade.

Attachments

• Supra.jpg
    Supra.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 33

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
So far what I have done, had it bored .50mm over with oversize pistons and ring. Had the head ported and polished, complete valve job. Also got rid of clutch fan, went with FAL dual electric fan. Had car lowered a few years ago with after market stuts and springs. Next thing I want to do is new exhast, not sure to go with 2.5 or 3". If anyone has an input that would be cool. And install a new air filter intake. Who knows maybe might add a turbo or two:naughty:

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Welcome, car looks pretty nice from in that pic! Id reccomend 2.5", cant remember where but somewhere it says that above 2.5" on NA is actually diminishing any power gains.. Either way, id go 2.5" if i had an NA.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
steven89 said:
Welcome, car looks pretty nice from in that pic! Id reccomend 2.5", cant remember where but somewhere it says that above 2.5" on NA is actually diminishing any power gains.. Either way, id go 2.5" if i had an NA.

Thanks for the advice...

This forum is pretty cool. Where I live in south west Michigan there are only a couple of supras around and most of them look pretty bad. All the tech advice is really outstanding. I look forward to being apart of this more.

Scott.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome home. ;)

Car looks to be in great shape! If you have any intentions of going turbo, then go ahead and spend the money on a 3" exhaust.

And yes! It is wonderful to know there are people still out there that have stuck with a Supra for so long! :)

-Jeff

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Boost Lee said:
Welcome home. ;)

Car looks to be in great shape! If you have any intentions of going turbo, then go ahead and spend the money on a 3" exhaust.

And yes! It is wonderful to know there are people still out there that have stuck with a Supra for so long! :)

-Jeff

I am looking forward to Chicago, never been to a Supra meet. Had my car for 14 years and never knew any of this went on.